• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 18, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kduffy

displayname
Kevin Duffy
Steve B.
Thanks for the info. I've got plans to do drop a mag 18 into a 782 some time here probably next summer. Ive got an 1812, but I would rather have a nice 782 with a mag 18 in it.

Okay, so after you assemble it by properly locating the asbestos washer, you adjust the flow by positioning your hand directly in the flow of the fog, and adjust it until the spray no longer drips off your hand. I would guess that if you can no longer taste your cigarette while fogging, you should drive in another direction. Do you clean it by running mercury through the line and valve, and store that in a lead container?
dunno.gif

Have a chance to buy a used (refurbished) 147. My primary purpose is to move snow around with it once the snow flies. The previous owner is also selling both a snow plow (blade?) and a snow blower attachment. Most of the pictures that I've seen in the archives show them with the plow blades.

Since the snow up here (New England) can get pretty wet and heavy, any recommendations of blower vs blade? (I can't afford to buy both just yet.) I'm just clearing an asphalt driveway but it's about 120 feet long by 8 feet wide.

Thanks

Anyone know of how to get a hold of travis s? I've tried emailing him about some things, and have not heard anything back in a few tries.

Leo, if it were me I'd go for the snowthrower. I have a Cub Cadet 125 and a 42" snowthrower. If you set the snowthrower up correctly it will work well in the heavy wet snow. Here's an action shot of my setup in 6"+ of wet snow last March. BTW, I have a gravel driveway so I leave a layer of hardpacked snow on it to prevent/limit throwing gravel into the lawn that's why it looks like it isn't doing a good job of cleaning the snow down to the driveway. I don't clear the drievway until after the first couple of snowfalls on which I drive the truck to pack it down good.

41151.jpg

41152.jpg

41153.jpg

41154.jpg

41155.jpg

41156.jpg

Kraig -

Nice pics - those are bigger than anything Charlie can post
roflol.gif

That's what we need to do this winter!
Have a snow throwin day/contest!
One group for single stage and another for 2 stage.
Course we would have to get some good snow first!
41160.jpg

Bryan, Charlie, I was going to reduce them to 600x450 but I decided 800x600 was better. At least I didn't post the 2592x1944 originals.
happy.gif

Now all I have to do is find one of those huts y'all are sitting in while you use your blowers. Very cool (or warm as the case might be).

Charlie, the snow you're throwing looks to be more of a powder, mine will throw the powder about as far as your 1450 is throwing it. Note the snow on all the tree branches in the photos I posted it was wet, heavy and stuck to most stuff. See how it stuck to the 125's cab windshield. Do I sense a snowthrow challenge?
happy.gif

41162.jpg

Leo, before I had my Windbreaker Cab I would wear my snowmobile out fit, full face helmet and all.
happy.gif

LEO - When I posted to Your question over at YT yesterday I was thinking of Kraig running His 125's..... Either tractor will do You fine.... Just notice the weights & chains on both Charlie's & Kraig's tractors.

My spidey sense says that there's a picture of SB coming up pretty soon...
wink.gif

Kraig,
I'll take that challange!
The winner gets the other guys tractor and thrower, Maybe we can get on Pinks!
biggrin.gif

Charlie, OK but I get a handicap for having 2 less HP.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back