• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John M.
They are 1/2 inch bolts. I just use carriage bolts so I don't have to hold up the weight and use 2 wrenches to tighten. The bolt length depends on your rim width. Measure from the weight bolt holes on the rim outward to about where the edge of the weight would be. Might be best to have weight and another set of hands to hold in place while you measure. I have gotten little longer and just cut off extra.

Earl F.

Thanks for the info.. I was thinking the same thing about using carriage bolts. Then it occurred to me the length of the bolts would be dependant on the width of the rim the weights will be bolted to.

I would assume that nylock nuts and flat washers would be a decent idea.

Are you using all 4 bolt holes or is 2 plenty?

Thanks and regards
John

2 is plenty...then you can add extra with the other 2 and not have to remove the "starter" weight.

Yep, just two bolts, which also leaves the other two holes in the rim for mounting weights on the inside of the rim, provided you don't have external brakes.
happy.gif

309214.jpg

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 124
  • 309214.jpg
    309214.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 309214.jpg
    309214.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 129
Steve B. Good idea on bolting another weight on top of the mounted one..

Kraig..I have seen weights set up like that, one inside, one outside. I almost bought a set of Bolens weights, as they were right at 50lbs each..I thought they might be too heavy for me wrestle with, so I opted for the I.H. items..

Of course my 126 has the disc brake set up, no internal weights for me!

I have 5 gallons of -20 windshield washer fluid in each 23x10.5x12. which adds 41 lbs of weight. The brand I bought is non corrosive, low toxicity and was 18 cents a lb when you divide it out per cost per gallon. The 2 link chains I have on weigh 10lbs each...When I add the Cub weights..I figure I'll have around 77 lbs of weight on each wheel of the old 126..Last yr, with just the chains and w/s fluid in the tires..it was a beast at pushing snow...

If I mount the QA42A this year..I figure the additional weight could not hurt. Should be around 150lbs..

Thanks guys..
John

My plow tractor runs filled 26x12x12 tires (75# each, 150# total) and 2 sets of JD weights (200# total) for 350# total.......you won't hurt anything at 150#, your 126 is up to it!!!

Loader carries around 500# of cast iron and fluid, split 200# 3pt hitch and 300# wheels........

I feel lucky, I've plowed with my 149 with a 52" blade and it is a bulldozer and I don't even put weights on it at all. I wondered the first year, but never did anything about it. Yes, you can get it stuck/bogged down but I was really surprised as long as you have chains on it, it goes through anything I've had fall here in Ohio.

Has anyone come up with a good way to power angle a blade? I thought there was an option for it, but haven't seen one. Had tried to engineer something but that is just another "daydream".

John M., according to the datasheet, the shipping weight of the QA42 is 180 lbs. You could and roughly 10 lbs or so
dunno.gif
for the QA42A to account for the more complex mounting setup, that uses parallel links.

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 134
<center>
pcwhack.gif
</center>

<center>
crash.gif
</center>

Attachments

• pcwhack.gif