• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eford

displayname
Earl Ford
That's what I thought!
Popped other 44a deck on 1200, mowed front yard, shut down to open gate, fired back up and thought the engine was going to take flight! She throttles back down and idles, but anything higher and it seams like the governor isn't working at all. Just opens the carb wide open. I put er to bed and will look at in depth tomorrow. All linkage looks normal outside.

I wish I had a pic of my buddies 42 inch, didn't mow right, left the left strip when mowing as said by parts guy. Turns out the blade on the left hand side had only the middle left! And it was worn like it had been that way for quite a while. Oh, and bearings were shot, it led a hard life wherever it had come from. Bought from dealer's'scrap pile'.

That's a great looking 108 Wayne. Finding out it has not been altered or abused must have have been very good feeling.
thumbsup.gif

I'll second Jerry's comment about the Green striped 108's and 109's. For some reason I always give those green strippers an extra long look. Oh yeah, Nice IH cart
happy.gif

Larry that 149 is lookin good also, 8yrs & runs perfect,
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

That looks like might be the original 40+ year old seat in pretty decent shape,,,
Shift.gif

Wayne and Larry, Both very good lookin tractors!!! Nice,,,,

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 151
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 144
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 147
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 139
Doug, it's good for a core when you need to buy a new one.

Or, good to have welded up and re-ground with performance specs for when you add a turbo!

Thanks Jason-

It's nothing special, just a good sound unit. You don't come across them this nice at this age much anymore. I'm still pondering the idea of painting it. In the meantime it will earn its keep.

Hey guys, do any of you all know if the IH cast front wheel weights that are sometimes found on the International Farmall 140, are the same weight used on the front of the Farmall Cub?

Thanks
John

Depending on which style 140 weights, they are pretty much the same as Cub Cadet weights, 22 to 24 pounds.
There are some 140 front weights that will bolt to the rear, but are shaped different and weigh more.

Most all the Farmall Cub weights I've seen have a large L stamped on them, with the old IH logo.

Stamped 140 rims, maybe/likely the same.......140 cast slotted rims, then different, but can be made to fit...

Hey Steve and Charlie. Thanks for the info on the different weight types that were utilized by IH.

Charlie the rear part of the PTO rod on my 126 is bent at a 90 degree and is fastened with a washer and cotter pin..Thanks for the heads up on the phone the other day.

regards
John

After some photo research, the Farmall 140 used the larger diameter 560 style front wheel weight, so the 4 hole weights on one will look like Cub cadet/Farmall Cub weights, but will be too big to fit the 12" Cadet rims.

The "3 hole" weights made for the cast front rims on early models can be used on 12" rear Cub Cadet rims as a "will fit" using 2 of the bolt holes (won't be the same shaped hole in the weight).

Hey thanks Steve...Most def the 4 hole type on the old 140 RUSTING away in the field about a mile from my house. That tractor has sat in the same spot for at least 30yrs that I know of..

The search continues!

regards
John

Jason: Ya, the seat isn't looking quite as nice today as it is finally starting to break apart at the seems. Had to happen.

Charlie: I got the new shaft installed tonight. One note, it would be better if you hadn't installed the pin. I found it very difficult to install my fan, so I had to knock the pin out and reinstall it. Much tighter fit then the other shaft. I'm taking the package to work and will be getting it out on UPS tomorrow(we have daily UPS at work). Thanks again.

Quote from another forum.....

"If you can't fix it with a hammer........it must be an electrical problem"

Now how many Cubs have you bought used with a previous owner who lived by that mantra????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 157
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 145
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 152
Steve,

I probably have at least a couple cubs like that.

That quote very accurately describes the machine maintenance department at work!
Guess who the electrician is?
eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Attachments

• icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif
    170 bytes · Views: 145
  • eek.gif
    eek.gif
    1,022 bytes · Views: 149
Hey guys...I won an auction for a set of IH weights.. part # IH L 351371R1.. They did not have the mounting carriage bolts included..

Can anyone tell me what size and the length these bolts ought to be?

Thanks and regards
John

David,,, "Or a cutting blade on side grinder and a hole saw,,,"

309211.jpg

Attachments

• 309211.jpg
    309211.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 309211.jpg
    309211.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 150
I am disassembling a CC42 snow thrower to paint and prepare for winter. Yes, I am actually starting to get ready before Thanksgiving.

I replaced the auger bearings and gearbox bearings last year but did not have time to paint.

I started to remove the small sprocket mount with needle bearings and a few little pins fell out.

I assume I should just order two new bearings from CC Specialties.

Are the pins suppose to be free when taken off the shaft?

Paul, yep time for new needle bearings. The needles should be captive in the bearings. I use a C-Clamp and a like sized socket to press the old bearings out of and the new bearings into the cast aluminum bracket. Be sure to line up the hole in the needle bearing with the grease zerk or the zerk wont take the grease. While you have it apart check the aluminum chain tensioner to see if there is wear from the drive-shaft thrusting against the aluminuim. If there's noticeable wear it's a good idea to place steel shims/washers on each side of the sprocket and on the right side of the cast aluminum between the drive-shaft u-joint and aluminum tensioner. Here's a LINK to where I posted photos of where to place the shims. Scroll way to the bottom of the page for the photos.

Latest posts

Back