• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through September 17, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mention of brass wear buttons - something I tried in the last couple of years.... After making several buttons with brass pipe plugs and a Unimat lathe, I picked up a couple of small brass carriage bolts to try at my local hardware.. Still on the first one after a couple of years.. No pain, quick fix..

Found this on Craig's List...

245088.jpg

245089.jpg

Ok so I have to ask..Norm....where are the front wheels ?

Patrick James F,

Looking at the picts of your mule drive, I noticed that the tension spring is not the correct spring and it is too long. The PO must have replaced the original spring at some point but didn't get a correct replacement. Get the correct OEM spring from your CC dealer and that should help solve your belt problems. Also make sure the idler pulleys on your mule drive are in good shape, spin smoothly and the pulleys don't wobble from side to side.

Ron - That might actually explain a whole heck of a lot! I'm going tomorrow before work to get a new spring. I should have the first time.

Good Morning, All. For hydro oil temp operating range ... go to PAGE 12.

Off to work so everyone have a wonderful day.

Amy K. How's the Pink Cub Cadet coming along?

Patrick: Answering your question about the manual, it is the 1x8/9 OPERATOR'S Manual downloaded from this site's Manuals section, pp. 49 and 52. I also notice that the key metric on the spring tension is maintaining 1/16" between the coils, which, in turn, equates to the 3-1/2" overall length.

Sounds like Ron Schmitt has first hand experience with the little devils.
smile.gif

CHARLIE - There were at least two other people who were having heating problems with hydro's @ PD #2.

That was a fall PD, the bean ground had been combined when the ground was wet and was really packed down, the grain cart had run ALL over the field too. HUGE slabs of dirt were rolling off the moldboards and not breaking up. It was about like plowing BLACKTOP. I spent the day in 1st gear, but at least I got an almost FULL page picture in Red Power Mag.

NORM - What are you going to do with your new Articulating Dump Truck? When they added a third and in some places, a forth lane to I-94 just east of Madison they had 4-5 of those ADT's running around. Couple Volvo's and three JD's built in Davenport, Ia. The local JD dealers service truck was on the site almost all day every day.

I don't really care for the color, Baby poop brown, or CAT yellow, but the builder did some great work on the build.

Latest posts

Back