• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbedell

displayname
Roland Bedell
Bob M:

Looks like the archive bug caught me again...LOL

Bob M:

One of item to check is the amount of air flow accross the head. Make sure the intake, flywheel fins and head are free from debris.

41080.jpg

Digger,
That pic you posted looks like a great plan, that solution never occured to me.I have plenty of time to work it out since I mow with a 149.I also have a junk deck so I may make that mod to it first just to be sure I don't ruin a good deck.Thanks for the idea,its looking more and more like I should take a few more seconds for thought before acting.

Charlie P. The 782D had a weld? Whereabouts and was it cobbled like the rest of the tractor?

Hugh S. Kinda sad to see the pullers getting the gear drives. And to think that I have an "extra" 100 that I needs to be given some TLC and brought back to life. Haven't quite decided what to do with it yet. It is in pieces (way I got it) and with room in the garage at a premium....

Angel and I turned over the keys to the duplex this afternoon. Landlord was surprised how clean everything was and that the lawn was mowed. Apparently past tenants haven't been so clean when they moved out. So, this afternoon for my own relaxation I mowed our lawn and some of the town owned lots next to us. There is quite an area there to mow. They haven't been mown for awhile. So, the 125 and I merrily set about taming the grass and weeds.

Charlie,
Nope, someone told me to stay away from the 782D so I did.
biggrin.gif

I think I figured out whats wrong with the cub I posted about earlier.
41086.jpg

41087.jpg

Is it just me or is this the dumbest thing you ever saw?

In reply to Charlie Proctor, yes, I do have photos of the front blade that was found in the depths of the garage.
41091.jpg

It's encouraging to know that I can possibly list in your classifieds; I'll give it a try. Thank you for responding.

I was really bummed that I had to work on Friday
crash.gif
and couldn't go to the spring valley auction. But after seeing the stove pipe cub, I feel better.
I already planning for spring plow day. Hopefully, my snow blower attachment will sell, so I can get a spare set of rear rims and some nice Ag tires, so I can really plow with style this spring! Any fall plow days near MN?

Terry- why would someone go to all of that time, work and money. You are right, that is very high on my dumbest stuff I have ever seen list.

Ok a little update got the 1000 tore all the way down to just the tires, frame and trans. left.

Pulled the clutch unit out it is junk, got the motor (10hp) sitting on the work bench dang thing is heavy, all is ready for gunk and the high pressure washer.

Parts list is growing "BIG". Tickled me took metal cover off of engine mice had built a real cozy home inside and I think they were starting a Walmart on the back side of the motor also!!

Pops stay tuned!

TERRY B. - Are Your sure that tractor isn't a JD painted yellow & white?
rofl.gif

I have a "RE-POWER QUESTION" for those who have done one in a wideframe....although the tractor in question ISN'T a wideframe.... My Buddy's Series I K-17 Kohler is dying for the second time....He's done some looking & talking to His local dealer.... Has anyone put a 20 HP HONDA in a Cubbie and if so.... Would You do it again? The "MAGNUM Upgrade" is over $2000 but the Honda is $1350 plus freight for a "Bolt-In" swap...

Good morning, gentlemen. Does anyone have experience with a CC rototiller? I have a 782 and SWMBO is planning a garden. There are a couple on ebay at present and I'm seriously mulling it over - could use some advice before I hit the bid button.

Good morning all, I have not posted since BFGC,& maybe a few other times. I also went to the Spring Valley sale & found few bargans. I stayed until the last item sold, a good '97 PU truck that sold for 1600. I did find a couple items that followed me home, a 149 in the second row for $100,(The items in the first two rows were stated to run & need only minor repairs), & a 38" deck for $2. The deck was all there w/ guards & skids in good shape. The 3 spindles are greased & smooth as well as the idler, just needs paint and belt. (The 149 was the one w/ yellow clearance lights next to the head lights & acorn nut decorations) Charged the batt & added new gas & started up and ran. Tires good but will need fronts soon.
As for the "stove pipe" 86 mock-up, It was used as a roof display for his museum. There was a green roof mounting frame that went with it.
In all, there were very few bargans w/ the CCs.

Hi Everyone - This is not a "wanted to buy" posting, but I have a 1974-ish 1250 with hydrostatic transmission that I'd like a sickle bar mower for. Can anyone give me the name of a manufacturer and maybe a model so I have an idea of where to start looking for such a puppy? Thanks for your help.

Craig E,

First, when looking for a rear mounted IH CC roto-tiller, make sure you buy one with the rear mounting plate bracket and gear box that attaches to the back of your transmission casting if possible, otherwise you will spend another $100+ to get one. For a 782, I would recommend looking for a #2 or #2B rear mounted tiller as they have a wider width and are built to handle higher horsepower CC's. #1 or #1A's will work but some don't have the extension tines and are therefore narrower.

These tillers are driven by the front PTO and use a long belt running underneath in combination with the front mule drive. Unless you find a 2B tiller set up for 82 series or later, you will likely need to replace the lower drive pulley on the angle gearbox because the 82 series uses a 5/8" wide belt x 152" long vs. the IH unique 15/32" wide belt on pre-82 series. You will also need a separate mule drive on the front that has the tensioner pulleys pointed straight back rather than angled for the 44C or 50C mower. Finally, you will need a rear lift hitch installed if you don't have one already. Throw in a pair of 26 lb wheel weights on the rear tires and you are good to go. May sound complicated but it sure makes for a sweet running setup for tilling operations when its all together.

What they are not telling you about that cub with the fake starter/generator & rear end is that it was a light weight mock up of a cub that came with a bracket so you could mount it up on top of your garage or shop.
---
under edit, Oops I guess this was covered a couple posts ago. Oh well...

Ron, that is EXACTLY what I needed to know about the roto-tiller. Thanks for taking the time to explain. There's a 1450 with tiller on ebay at present. Think I'll see what he's up to.

Does anybody have a tip for cleaning the steering wheel for an original?
One followed me home and my 9 year old has claimed it as his.
But if his hands keep getting black as coal when he sits and plays on it Mama's gonna ring both our necks and push the herd to the curb.

WD40. I used to clean my Avion trailer with it. Never seems to harm anything I use it on and it sure enough cuts thru dirt and gunk.

Latest posts

Back