• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 11, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the time to start thinking about getting away from the ice and snow of the north this winter,a great place to spend the winter is the florida flywheelers in fort meade fl. The flywheelers is a group of old iron lovers that built a neat village on 250 acres in central fl,they hold three shows each winter,nov jan feb .If you have an old cub you could display it and camp at no charge.Check it out on your computer at RUSTOSIS .For more info email me

(Message edited by fbainbridge on May 16, 2006)

Myron is correct that the wide frames did not use and auxillary hyd pump. They were integral hydro lift or electric only.

The auxillary hyd lift could be added to a wide frame, but it would be custom/homemade mounted.

Thanks guys,
The reason I asked was IT doesn't show the 106 or 107 in the list.
35551.jpg

And if you do the where used on any model, you get this,
35552.jpg

Lonny B,

You polorize the Starter/Generator the same way you polorize the voltage regulator. I rebuilt a S/G earlier this year and reinstalled it. Started fine but wasn't charging properly. Got my trusty IH Service Manual out and it mentioned polorizing the S/G whenever you replace or reinstall it after servicing. Took a jumper wire and did the repolarization procedure and it works great. I never checked the temperature of the S/G before I repolorized it so I don't know if it was getting hot but it's worth a try. The manual said that if you didn't repolorize the S/G, that it would build up excess voltage that could cause damage to the electrical system.

Charlie P,

Wow, a 147-LP! Never seen a set up like that before. Interesting.

Charlie, no! Ah! An LP Cub. Is that yours?

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on May 16, 2006)

Bottle gas??? We sold a few CC's over the years that ran on LPG to the local tobacco wharehouse. They were the only tractor that could hold up to thier abuse pulling carts loaded with bales of tobacco.

Since they ran indoors, LPG was a must have. If they ran on "regular" gas(or with MMO added) the exahust fumes would permeate the tobacco and make it "wacky tobacky".......
clappy.gif

(Message edited by kupdike on May 16, 2006)

KEN, CHARLIE - The Cubbies they used in the plant at FARMALL ran on gasoline.... they cut holes in the hoods to run those silly safety gas caps on the tanks and also they had specially formed bumpers & full length fenders or "Running Boards" since they ran year round rain or shine. That LP conversion looks pretty neat.

Had fun this weekend tilling the garden and expanding it for the wife.

Kraig,
Went out today and fired up ole Joe and mowed 3 yards around the neighborhood and i have yet to charge the battery!!!!!
buttrock.gif

I have a nother electrical problem with the 72 now.
I am getting 12 volts at the wire that attaches to the A terminal on the starter even with the key switch off.
I assume it would be the starter solenoid switch causing this? Would that be correct??

Ron S.
How do I go about repolorizing my next starter I put on this tractor?

(Message edited by lbuttke on May 16, 2006)

I need a little help with my k341 rebuild. One of the main bearings was making a hissing noise so removed it and took it to the local NAPA where they crossed my original NDH 3308 to a SKF 6308-J. I pressed the new bearing into the block and went to install the crank but I cant get it to slide into the new bearing to save my life. I got out my vernier calipers and tried my best to measure the ID of both bearings and they seem pretty close but it hard to be real accurate.

Can one one verify that these two cross? All I know is that I can slide the old one on and this new one goes on a 1/4 inch then stops...

Thanks!

Charlie-
I've got a small IMPCO carb and regulator and tried running my 169 on it. Works great just took it off because the regulator I had was non-adjustable (was made for a Clarke forklift). I had in mind running it on the little Coleman-style cylinders.

Seemed like the engine almost ran smoother, but from what little I did at the time it didn't have the grunt a gasoline-fed K341 is famous for.

Matt K,

Try using some grease on the ID of the bearing and some on the shaft journal. Remember STP? That is great assembly lubricant for getting bearings on shafts. The numbers you quoted are exact cross-references so it should go together. The clearances are tight and only a couple tenths of a thousandths makes a difference in the feel of the fit.

hey guys,
just got the 1200 back together after a lengthy engine overhaul(.010 overbore, new bearings,gaskets,ect)i decided that she was ready because of the quart of oil that was used per tank of gas and the loss of power.
the old girl runs great but has some issues at initial start up. for about the first 1/4 acre of mowing, i have very little power and the engine rpms drop but as i keep going, it slowly comes back to full power and runs like a champ(this is why i thought i needed a rebuild in the first place)ive check all my pulleys and belts and all spin free but the performance seems to be at its worse when the pto is engaged and the blades are spinning. any of you guys have an idea as to where i should start my troubleshooting?? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Lance

I have a question regarding the front skids on the mower deck.
I have a 129 with a 42 inch deck. I am thinking about following others and putting swivel casters in front to eliminate the digging in the lawn and making a more even cut. I have read the forums and looked at the pictures regarding the front wheels and the comments are all positive. I was thinking about making them adjustable for height, but others have not done this. Would this be helpful or is it not necessary.
Any comments greatly appreciated
Earl

I HAVE 2 CUBS 122 AND 1250 I ENJOY THIS FORUM ALOT MOST OF THE TIME READING AND LEARNING. I HAVE A QUESTION WHICH MAYBE MORE FOR THE PULLERS IN THE GROUP IS THERE A WAY TO PUT LIKE A LIMITED SLIP UNIT IN THE DIFF? TO LOCK BOTH TIRES TOGETHER FOR TRACTION
THANKS KEITH

(Message edited by kcrain on May 16, 2006)

Latest posts

Back