• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 15, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Some days you just gotta love greedbay and the Best offer crap, LOL
All within 3 minutes!
317084.jpg

317085.jpg

317086.jpg

And then he sends this to boot.
Thank you for purchasing these. I will package and ship these out on Monday. I kind of listed them on a whim while digging through NOS parts in my garage. If you are searching for any other specific parts let me though. Kind regards, Nick

Attachments

• 317086.jpg
    317086.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 317085.jpg
    317085.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 317084.jpg
    317084.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 317084.jpg
    317084.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 317085.jpg
    317085.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 317086.jpg
    317086.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 137
Doug A.
I've said that way to many times in the last 3 months! It's going to be a busy winter sorting crap, LOL

Recently installed new parts including arm coupling, drive shaft, hub, and flex disc coupling for my Cub Cadet 149. After operating for perhaps 10 hours, developed a hydraulic oil leak on the previously brazed return line between the pump and lift cylinder. Believe this return line crack was caused by (previously unnoticed) flexing of the hydro pump when engaging the hydrostatic control lever to move the machine forward or backward. When replacing the drive shaft, coupling, etc., also replaced 2 hydro pump mounting bolts that go through the frame (more accessible when the rear tires are removed). Any suggestions what to look for during disassembly would be welcome and appreciated.

Cub Cadet 149 hydro pump flexing: After disassembly, found a missing bolt through the frame that fastens a support for the hydro pump, and its opposite side bolt was missing. And, there are 4 bolts missing that go through the frame into the rear end. I believe when I get all these fasteners installed, that the hydro flexing will be history. It was interesting to see that when the brake peddle was depressed, the frame would move about 3/8" with respect to the rear end. Now, does anyone know the size/length of the missing bolts (that go through the frame into the rear end)? Heaven only knows how long those bolts have been gone.

Wayne - any chance you can post pics of where your bolts are missing. I know David said the Parts Look-up will be your friend - but in your case it's likely more of an enemy. There are just to many "fasteners" listed when you look under tranny or axle, etc., to know which is which. If it's the bolts I'm thinking you're referring to then one side uses longer than the other side.

I had checked the parts look-up and it appears that there are four 3/8-16 x 2 1/4" and one 3/8-16 x 1 /14". However, there are 6 bolts on each side.

317093.jpg

Attachments

• 317093.jpg
    317093.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 317093.jpg
    317093.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 145
There's a mistake in the parts catalog. I thumbed through the catalog and had to go back to the 109 to find the right info. The LH side should have 4- 1" and 2- 1 1/4" (for the top holes) The right side should have 4- 2 1/4 and 2- 2 1/2. The front brackets 1" should work fine. I'm trying to figure out besides brake linkage and hydraulic lines and linkage what was holding the rear end in the tractor.

Thanks, Harry & Ed, for your responses. I'm not certain how the rear end was staying on either. As John Astin (portraying Buddy Ryan in 'Night Court') used to say, "But I'm doing much better now."

Wayne K: About 1/2 way down CubFaq 94 is a picture of the 6 frame to rear end bolts laid out in proper order. You,ve probably got it all together by now, but that pic shows the variation in bolt lengths..

Thanks, Gerry. Those are great pictures. No, it's not together. I have to order some gaskets & stuff from CC Specialties, pick up some replacement hardware, drop off a hydraulic tube to be brazed. I was fortunate in that the 2 left side bolts that held the axle carrier to the frame, though broken off flush in the transmission housing, spun out with my fingers. I should have played the lottery last night, cause it was my lucky day.

Batteries and tires....
Just replaced the battery in the 129 for the 4th time - since '85.
Not bad as far as I'm concerned, since the Cub doesn't see any use the winter 6 months, just sits on a battery tender.

The tires are all original,(44 years old right now). I wonder how many other of the regularly used Cubs are still on original tires that are in decent shape..

317102.jpg

317103.jpg

Attachments

• 317102.jpg
    317102.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 317103.jpg
    317103.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 317103.jpg
    317103.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 317102.jpg
    317102.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 150
Wayne - I'm not sure I'd be brazing one of those hydraulic tube since there isn't much to them to begin with. You. Ould probably find a good used one without to much trouble

Gerry - I read your post 3 times and still don't quite get the tractor sitting part. You said it sits for 6 months of winter yet in the pics I see chains on the tires and I'm pretty certain I see the under carriage for a snow blade. Course I guess you could be pushing dirt for 6 months.

Now about the tires. That's one of the surprises with many of these units is the original tires.

Harry - pushing... dirt, stones, apples, trailers, dead ZeroTurns.... I used to take the chains and blade off, but since I don't mow with it, the blade comes in real handy..

When I started snowbirding, I'd put the QA42 on it. Mike, my neighbor (long suffering) used it a couple of times, plugged it with wet snow and said never mind - he uses an Allis Chalmers CA with a blade, so I can't argue which is easier for him. So I just drain the carb and put a tender on it when I leave.

I've brazed suction tubes before - if you can handle a torch and good coated rod, it's just like soldering..

Another option on the tubes, if this is the ones from the pump to the lift cylinder. Have a hydraulic shop make you an new hydraulic hose with the correct ends. Dad's #1 149 broke one of those lines, and it's had a hydraulic hose in its place for probably 30 years now......

Wayne - I'm not sure I'd be brazing one of those hydraulic tube since there isn't much to them to begin with. You. Ould probably find a good used one without to much trouble

Gerry - I read your post 3 times and still don't quite get the tractor sitting part. You said it sits for 6 months of winter yet in the pics I see chains on the tires and I'm pretty certain I see the under carriage for a snow blade. Course I guess you could be pushing dirt for 6 months.

Now about the tires. That's one of the surprises with many of these units is the original tires.

Is there an echo in here? Harry's 3:02 post came back at 9:18...

err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 139

Latest posts

Back