• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 13, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbedell

displayname
Roland Bedell
Al Smith:

Welcome to the Forum
40983.jpg

Here is what was available for the 1x8/9 Series:
40984.jpg

You could also install the older decks with the right combination of Mule Drive, Undercarriage, and belt

thumbsup.gif

Fellas,
Thanks alot for all the insight/opinions regarding the use of HYTRAN oil in the rearend of my 122. I also got the 'hint' on the use of the "Fram POS filter" too. (Sorry, I didn't intend to kick a bees nest with my question).

Thanks again!
RWilke
happy.gif

Charlie: I swear I looked and looked for a posting of yours with the auction info. All I found were the pics.

Could a bad coil, or improper float level be causing my awful running under load?

I just picked up this cultivator today, Can somene tell me who the MFG is? Looks nice and heavy duty. I think it might look nice behind my 122.
40986.jpg

Suppose that hitch will fit the brinly IH sleeve hitch?

Ryan W., no bees nest. More like an oil slick! LOL... A Hytran oil slick! No harm No foul! Just having fun at "diggers" expense. And I've never even met the guy!! :cool:

Charlie, I'm not sure but I remember Wyatt Compton doing some hands on testing of fluids. I wonder if he ever "published" any results. I do remember him mentioning the use of ATF in his hydro. It's a non-issue for me. Gear drive you understand!!! LOL..

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Mike Frade (Mfrade) on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:38 pm

It's a non-issue for me. Gear drive you understand!!! LOL..<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

What do you use in your gear drives? I have always used Hy-Tran.

Al - I use a 44" deck on my 149. And I gotta say that even with 30+ year-old equipment, the cut is great.
buttrock.gif

I have a 1650 hydro. I would like to find some attachments, specifically a tiller, but I can't locate any locally. (cental NC) Has anyone ever seen the 90 degree belt drive gear box modified to a PTO type output shaft? Is that an option for my 1650? I am leaning toward trying it so that I could use a generic PTO rototiller. Thanks for your insight!

Brad S.
The rear stub shaft turns the wrong way.
BUT, when Kraig gets here in the morning, he'll show ya how it has been done before.

Digger,
Thanks for the info, speaking of a generic tiller, has anyone tried the bercomac tiller? My guess is since it is designed to be used with most Newer tractors (its a belt drive) the narrow belt required for the cub wont work with the pulley on the tiller drive, since most tractors now use a 5/8 wide belt. Thanks to everyone....this is a GREAT site.
thumbsup.gif

What a field of GTs at that auction. Charlie are you going to post some of the prices?
I was wondering how they moved all those GTs to get them lined up. Important info on the forklift, I've seen some JD hydro lines crimped doing that at an auction. The lines did not look cheap.

DAVE - According to a JD Service Tech who frequently posts on another forum I look at there's a HUGE warehouse down in MILAN, IL that's FULL of 30 year old hydraulic lines for those old green tractors the local JD dealers just LOVE to order and have shipped "UPS". Having picked up such items many years ago the lines are shipped in a plastic bag about 6 inches wide and 5-6 FEET long with the end stapled shut and the "Ship To" address label slapped on.... After 2-3 days bouncing around in a brown truck You can imagine how well they fit.
rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back