Archive through September 11, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry K.
How hard did the pin go in?
Did it drive in hard, or did ya lightly tap it in?

If you have to lightly tap it, I might have to start checking driveshafts!

It went in with effort(hammer and punch), but not enough apparently.

The worm clamp works well, but I might machine up a sleeve to slip over and then hold it with a grub screw. Looks a little more factory then a worm clamp!

I have to say, yours is the first I've heard of coming out.

I'd go with red locktite, just to make sure.

I just looked at the last 3 years for that drive shaft, and there have been 387 go out the door and I've never heard of that issue.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 122
Mine had a SS clamp on it for many years.......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 107
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 99
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 100
Larry K.
I just checked 16 drive shafts.
14 were good and 2 had issues with the pin sliding in WAY TO EASY!

Soooo, Do nothing to that driveshaft.
I'll send you a good one tomorrow with the pin installed, along with a return label.

And Charlie proves again why you support the sponsors!!
Jason, to help your wanting a cub per attachment (or implement) I have 2-1450's, 1200, 100, 102, 104, 782 and 2 OT's. I also have a multitude of said attachments. 4 snow blades, qa42a, 1a tiller, 4 mower decks(maybe 5), and for the sleeve hitch, 2x 1 bottom field turning (dirt) plows(8 and 10 inch), rear grader blade, and cultivator. This is just what I have! Do some searching and even thinking and the sky is the limit!!
I think you could have one of every model of IH built cub cadets and not have enough tractors to cover them.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 98
Good morning, All. It looks like it's finally time to replace the Keepsake 1650's battery. I've always ran the 340 CCA Interstate battery however I noticed that SEARS now offers a DIE HARD with 340CCA that is cheaper and carries a full year free replacement versus the Interstate six month warranty. Anyone have any thoughts on which would be better? TIA
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 104
Menards carries 340 CCA L&G batteries as well. I have used several with very good results....around $40 each and same brand as TSC usually carries.

Exide brand I do believe.......

Latest posts

Back