• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Snow blade installation oh cub 782

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daleborst

Hello, I am very new to this forum and have a question about the Snow Blade installation on z IH 782.I have removed the mower deck and released the spring that holds up the Mule drive and it has dropped down, however it is still connected to some linkage or arms that won’t let me pull it out . I have a blade for the 782 but am lost as what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Dale

Hello, I am very new to this forum and have a question about the Snow Blade installation on z IH 782.I have removed the mower deck and released the spring that holds up the Mule drive and it has dropped down, however it is still connected to some linkage or arms that won’t let me pull it out . I have a blade for the 782 but am lost as what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Dale
This will get you going.
http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/Front 42 & 54 Blade Operatorsll Manual.pdf

Thanks Dale
Dale, make sure the belt is completely removed, to ensure it isn't binding somewhere. Then, if the front of the mule drive dropped down, it should just pull straight forward (assuming there are no modifications from a previous owner. If the ends of the arms are bent, it may be binding under the 'frankenstein type' mounting bolts on the side of the frame.

Dale, make sure the belt is completely removed, to ensure it isn't binding somewhere. Then, if the front of the mule drive dropped down, it should just pull straight forward (assuming there are no modifications from a previous owner. If the ends of the arms are bent, it may be binding under the 'frankenstein type' mounting bolts on the side of the frame.
Thank you glippert, What I didn’t see yesterday was the 2 hair pins holding the back part of the frame. Got it all off and got the blade on which was a chore for me and made feet for the bottom of the blade and I am all set for the snow!
Thanks 👍

Dale, if you’re gonna blade snow, I recommend strongly considering one of these: Rubber Wear Strip.
I’ve got one on my dozer blade and am very pleased with how well it performs.
Best, -CӞ
Hey C3 thanks for the tip!
I have never plowed snow befor
Dale, if you’re gonna blade snow, I recommend strongly considering one of these: Rubber Wear Strip.
I’ve got one on my dozer blade and am very pleased with how well it performs.
Best, -CӞ
Hey C3 thanks for the tip , this will be the first time I have ever plowed snow and at 76 living in Michigan yet! Always used a snow shovel!👍

Rubber blade, assuming he's on blacktop or concrete. It's no help on stone in the early snows of the season.
Round tube on blade edge and/or larger shoes with rinsed edges help the Stone Driveway scenario

tkhoffman, I did make a pair of 2"diameter shoes with a 1/2 radius edge out of Nylon I have on hand. The blade came without any shoes and the blade wasn't worn on the edge at all. Thanks

Latest posts

Back