• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 11, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, that is a 10" Brinly behind my Original. But I know what you're saying.
happy.gif
happy.gif

The question was "How OFTEN can and Original plow a field?"

The answer would be, as many times as you can drive it to the field!

Gosh, I thought it was a lucky day for the Original. When I see pictures of plow days, I see all the cubbies loaded up with huge amounts of weight, some may have tire chains or nice sets of rear ags, and lots of mud. I'm afraid that if I have too much to comment about plow days, I might set up my 1450 for such an activity.

What size Brinly plow would be best suited for a IH model 1450 Cub Cadet? For no better reason, I'm leaning toward the 8". Or does everyone have to be on the same page? Say we're all at the field, and one guy has a 8, the other has a 12, and the next has a 10.

Just being nosey! Ever since I've owned IH Cub Cadets, I have never got to participate in an event. I'm afraid I would not know how or what to do to prepare for a first time event. I'll just keep reading along,........

thanks!

Mike Patterson - I just checked back in and saw your comments about the weight bracket. You can't really tell in my photos, but the bracket is far enough out so I can hang the weights on the inside of the bracket. I wasn't sure how the weight would be best distributed (how far back would be best) so I built the bracket big enough to hang the weights either inside or outside. I usually hang them inside though, so I could have built the bracket closer to the tractor.

Chris, working now. Must have been on my end. Awesome pulling. That was fun to watch...

JC Lazar - I'd go with a 10" plow on the 1450. That's what I use with mine. And at plow days that I've attended, 8, 10, and 12 inch plows all just fall in. But if you have wide tires and follow an 8" plow, the furrow can be pretty narrow. The most important thing is, just do it! There's a lot of good info on this site, including Steve Blunier's (Mr Plow) instructions on setting up your plow. And everyone you meet at a plow day will be more than happy to help you get going.

Thanks for the info Greg! I was looking at the tractor the other day, think it would be best to build the "rack" so it is attached to the rails of the frame, like you did. I think it will be too much of a pia to do it off the sleeve hitch. Besides it will be going up and down each time I raise and lower the blower. Now I just need to decide on the size of the weights, 8x10 or smaller? Could do smaller and then I could use them on the front too some day for plowing if I made a weight bracket for that? Then I wouldn't have to worry about it dragging when in the furrow?

Will have to do some more research and what I think I want in the end.

Latest posts

Back