• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 11, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Charlie,
You have to think like on "The Six Million Dollar Man", "We can rebuild him, Bigger, Faster and Stronger".

Well this $6.00 man has a LONG way to go then!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the pictures Greg. I agree with Dennis, weight is weight. I figured so far, if I can get these suit case weights made up for just under $60.00 for 42#, that is a lot cheaper than buying wheel weights for what I want. I like the concept Greg has in his pictures, that is basically what I am thinking of doing except possibly keeping it closer to the tractor frame? I would have to see what it looks like once I get the weight mock up done in wood. I guess worst case I can lift off the weights if I had to use the trailer. Its not like I don't have some weight on the tractor already in order to pull the trailer in snowy conditions. Will have to see.

Appreciate the input guys!

Hi guys.
I'm getting some decals made for my Brinly plow that I'm restoring. See the pics below. Isn't there supposed to be a gold outline around the letters? I think mine is just faded. Can someone (Kraig) post a good picture showing the color of the outlined letters? This is for the early one hole plows.
Thanks!!
289997.jpg

289998.jpg

Shultzie, I've never seen one of that style that was not faded. Does your plow have the small S/N tag on the other side? My one hole Brinly plow only has the S/N decal, no trace of the larger Brinly decal.

290007.jpg

Shultzie, very nice! Hmmm, if you get some of them made I might be interested in purchasing one of the larger Brinly decals...

Shultzie...if you keep your plow in the living room...is the tractor in the kitchen!!
clappy.gif

Let me take a look this weekend, I have one of the early, one hole Brinley plows in the shed. I know it has the individual letters spelling out the Brinley name. I know it has been stored inside all its life and was only exposed to the sun when it was in the ground. I will see what pics I can get. However, I am not 100% sure they did have the outline, but it has been a few months since I last looked at it.

Stay tuned.........

I'll tell ya, I really like the old tires on the 60's IH Cub Cadets. How often can an Original with nothing more than IH wheel weights and 6-12 turf country tires plow a field? Looks like fine progress is being made, respectably.

That is a nice Brinly! Maybe I'll pony up the fun money and get one for the 1450. Nice 8 bit too, I liked the Excite Bike game and Punch out!

Received bran-spanking new front rims for the 1450 today. Bearings should come tomorrow. These are for 1" spindles. Pretty nice, and no painting required. New valve stems and grease fittings to boot! Well worth the price of not getting my hands dirty, lol!

Last fall I picked up a Y-shaped Brinly adapter that had been on a 3-digit Original. I'm guessing this is a vey early style of decal? It didn't come off too well, but my decal guy made a pretty good duplicate. The chrome reflection makes photographing difficult. I will use rub off dry transfer for the serial number since I didn't want a whole sheet of the same number!

290031.jpg

290032.jpg

290033.jpg

Paul T., wow, I've not seen one like that before. I've only seen the style S/N decal like is on my Y shaped sleeve hitch adapter.

290035.jpg

290036.jpg

John C., wrote:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

How often can an Original with nothing more than IH wheel weights and 6-12 turf country tires plow a field?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">If the soil is not too heavy, turf tires and two sets of wheel weights, one set mounted on the inside of the rim and one set mounted on the outside of the rim work great.</font>
happy.gif
happy.gif

290038.jpg

<font size="-1">They can even do a decent job without any weights.</font>
buttrock.gif

290039.jpg

290040.jpg

8" plow in light soil and 1st gear........no issues.

Now, 10" or 12" plow, heavy soil, 2nd gear or faster..........I don't think so
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back