• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 09, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can be a cruel man, K.M., but you're so right - here it comes again, kids!
happy.gif

P.S. After a second look and if not reading about Sam Magee in my formative years - that's a pretty nice pic.
beerchug.gif

I'm sure all the Northern states banned studs on the roads after those first few years they were in use (thank God - I can remember the grooves in the concrete on some of the higher speed curves - dip into one of those troughs on a bike at 70 and you were in trouble or at least you were puckered).

When I was here in the winter (what IS that white stuff, Kraig?), I used the blade for the start of the snow season. I'd get carried away backing onto the concrete porch in front of the basement walkin and then hit full forward (ramming speed!) to get going to the other end of the parking area. Sandy eventually asked why I was tearing up the concrete - and that was just with good chains ..
eek.gif

I can't wait for snow. My cub however is not. I still enjoy mowing, when the grass actually grows. Plus, I painted my push blade and it's still in 12 different pieces waiting for the paint to harden before assembly.

I wonder how hard it would be to get a "Look what followed me home" Thread on here? Just a place where we can post pics of our new treasures, without cluttering important questions.

John...
Um.. it's right there in the Sandbox where it's been for a long time... but are ya gonna MAKE people post their finds there if they want to put 'em in the main forum??
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thanks Tom on the original message I have one w-hold and one w-out hold. thanks

John B.
Just curious as to why you think you did something wrong by asking?
Then typing like you took offense by me telling you where the thread already was!

Kid's it's always a good idea to check for mouse nests after buying a pre-owned Cub Cadet.
262642.jpg

While having the tractor running for a while I just had a funny feeling that it was getting hot.
I felt the air coming out of the front and there was more air flow on the right side than the left, so I shut it down and this is what I found. Now after cleaning it out I have equal amount of air flow on both sides.
thumbsup.gif

Huge thanks goes to Madson's Cub Cadet for that blower shroud and left side shroud!! Thanks to our sponsors for all there hard work! Completion of the KT just might come this week.

262651.jpg

Electrical dilemma!I have a 129 that isn't charging.The gen is but voltage reg isn't letting it.Using Roland's fancy colored diagrams I have connected v/r F term to s/g F term.With the 2 wires the same faded color to be connected,both have continuity to the solenoid.One is supposed to go to the solenoid and one to the ammeter.Does this mean these 2 wires are shorted? Can anyone clue me in?
Thanks

After I read my other posted message it was obvious to me those 2 wires are shorted and I shall replace them with new ones.Sometimes you must think when trouble shooting.

Man this place is like a ghost town since 9/11....
a---allalone.gif

Good deal on the easy wire fix man...

Harry: After carefully measuring the 169 heat baffle loaned to me by another Forum member, with a tape measure, a caliper, and a micrometer, I've come up with a preliminary flat dimension of 9-3/8" wide at the small end, increasing to 10-13/16" at the wide end. The length of the piece laid flat is 10-5/8" and when bent at the angles we discussed renders a finished piece which has an overall length of 9-7/8" (tape & calcs "balance"). I'm going to give my brother a call before bending the metal, as I'm still struggling with how the "gain" comes into play; that is, at what point should I clamp it in the brake?
The metal thickness comes up as 0.083" to 0.085" which is not quite 13 GA 0.0897", but it is a lot more than 14 GA (0.0747"), I guess rust and paint add more than I think they do . . .
smile.gif

Back