• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I took this photo at an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> dealer a couple of years back.....

64606.jpg

EXHIBIT A

Hey Kraig,
Do you have any sales literature showing the front end of a Model 73 that you could post? I could use a picture. Thanks!

Kraig McC.,
That is pretty close to what my 129 looked like, but I broke the "left front leg".....
sad.gif

Ryan W

Kraig-
Maybe on the rehab project tractor/narrow frame axle thought.

(Hmmm....Me thinks Professor Kraig's "bad batch of axles" theory is contributing to his "125 is perfection" theory. Both of which are "bunk" in my opinion!)
screwloose.gif

Michael, here's a couple more front views of other model Cubs from the same series as the 73. While they are not of the model 73 they look the same.
happy.gif

64610.jpg

64611.jpg

Kraig McC.,
THAT'S GREAT NEWS that the 125 axle & spindles will bolt up under my 129!
beer2.gif

You mentioned that it will have a 'different arc' to it, will that result in putting my front end closer to the ground?

More importantly, do ya think that the 125 axle/spindles will cause me trouble in getting proper alignment/leveling to use the mower deck?

Thanks for all the help, Guys!!
buttrock.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan, AFAIK, if you use the 125's axle AND spindles the height shouldn't change much if at all. Not to mention that the use of 125 parts on a wide frame should VASTLY improve the value of the wide frame.
roflol.gif

Art,
64615.gif

Hello,

Just a quick question..Does anyone know when the 2007 show books are due out? I have not heard anything about them.........Howie

Hello
I need some expert historian advice...
Who built the 44c decks for IH?
ihrotate.gif

Ryan-
I think what Kraig meant to say is that you can take the front axle and spindles off of a 125 and throw the rest of the tractor away, as it's the only part worthy of a wideframe..
64618.gif

Art
Pics tomorrow. Raining pitchforks and hammer handles here now, not going outside!
Where you been?
JH

Hey anythings possible with axle swaps, will have a 129 axle in my O next week using O spindles so I can use stock linkage. Looks 3 times as strong as what it's replacing.

Bren

Ryan,
The axle on my loader was welded before I bought it and it hasn't broken yet. The axle is cast iron so you will need to have someone who knows how to weld cast iron fix it for you.

Maybe Ken could chime in.

I finished the loader rebuild. The engine vibrates more than the Series D K321 I had in it for a week or so. I think it might have something to do with the non stock crank. The crank has a bolt for the flywheel pulley instead of a nut. I think the JD tractors had that style crank.

64623.jpg

64624.jpg

64625.jpg

Excuse me I goofed up
I'm looking for a 44A bearing for the middle spindle. Is there any one that makes the bearing beside the manufacturer?
ihrotate.gif

My 149 loader may very well be getting a 982 front axle and a power steering cylinder acting on the 982 axle's bell crank. Add 3000# trailer front rims and bearings and my loader should be rock solid up front..........have you guys checked out how solid SGT axles are?!?!?!?

Thanks Kraig. I'm picking up a Model 73 tomorrow that has PO installed non-IH headlights. I wanted to see what the decal looked like on the non-headlight option.

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, so please forgive if this question has been asked already. I have a 1450 cub cadet with the Kohler K321 engine. I'm trying to time the engine using the test light / timing mark method, only I can't find the timing mark. It's supposed to be an " S" mark on the fly wheel, in front of the ring gear, right ? I've turned the engine over 20 times looking for it - is it possible that I have the only Kohler engine without a timing mark ?? If anyone can tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for, or post a digital- they would have my eternal gratitude.
Thanks for anyone that can help- Tom

Latest posts

Back