• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 04, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the chance to pick up a 126 in very bad shape that has a creeper gear installed. I can get the hole tractor for less than most creepers sell for. My question is, will the creeper fit on my 128. I only have wide frames. I think it will but want to be sure before I spend the money and time to remove it.

Charlie,
Those in charge of this forum do a great job. When I started with cubs this was the first site I found. I checked out the others also but always came back here. Now I don't bother with the others. I have never been given a wrong answer and really appreciate the no BS approach. If being
poof.gif
or told to check the archives upsets folks, they must be a real PITA to be around or work with. Thanks for all the effort and time.

Michael S.-

Yes, but you'll either need to bend and extend the handle or change it for a WF one.

Don,

You need to put the PS first in the circuit so it doesn't loose pressure when operating the loader. You really need to do some studying on hydraulics or just use a ported pump. I'm with Matt, you seem to like to do things the hard way. Spend the money and do it right by putting a ported pump in. You won't be disappointed for sure.

Also, the NF pump won't work for you PS. It doesn't flow any oil unless the valve is actuated. It isn't just a pump. It is a pump valve combo.

Kevin, Had to go look it up to see what you were talking about. Those spring have holes in the middle that go over the pins on the three pin driver then the hooks on the end of the springs are hooked over the outside of the clutch disc.
The holes in the clutch disc are a little bigger than the pins with these springs on it kinda auto centers the clutch disc. Every time you push the clutch pedal that clutch disc can and will go a little off center without the springs in place and cause a chatter/vibration.
They ain't new a knew idea they been around a long time before the 1000. sometimes they break or get forgot when it's put together. They do help.

Thanks guys , I guess I realy need to know that I was on the right track in porting the rear end on my 129 to run the power steering. It will cost what evere I chouse to do since the 129 rear end is not ported now. I will be looking for a ported rear end now for sure. I`am realy formulating a plan of action for this fall so I can get-r-done. Art A was talking about a gear pump to use for hyd pressure for a loader and I was thinking about his choice. I think if the pump could meet the load , then I should be thinking the same way for my loader. I`am sure my 129 was never desinged to run a loader, but that is what i`am using it for. I should be running a super and then I would not have these issues with the 129 .Now to find a ported front plate for the pump and get it done. You all are the best! Thanks
old.gif

Thanks Dave Ross for explaining. Guess I would have installed them had I knew ahead of time.

Thats might be part of the reason my old clutch threw the way it did. Took about 15 years to wear like it did, so not bad I guess without them.
196422.jpg

Rick, definitely a refurbish but I do want to get close to factory and use the existing parts. Here is a challenge on the seat springs. Seems if the seat is falling through the thing to do is to weld the bottom of the seat to the springs.........

196425.jpg

I've got a tranny hanging, two engines apart, and a garage bay full of this stuff.

196426.jpg

I'm going to get into the hydro on the 149 to replace the 3 seals. I built the simple wooden stand today.

ihrotate.gif

I hope all of the forum members have a nice Labor Day.

kevin, gonna hang that on the garage wall? I would.
happy.gif

Kevin, thanks but I'm geting my own wall of shame together. thanks anyway,
happy.gif

Richard T...I've got a seat and springs I can give you so you won't have to worry about that....

Thanks Guys,

That link that Richard T. posted is what I had in mind. Should last a lot longer than canvas. I was just wondering what I could use for a top pan. A large drain pan of some sort? Looks easy enough to fabricate from a blank of sheet metal, though. I like the beach umbrella bolted to the side of the tractor, that’s funny!

Sorry if I appeared impatient, I just thought everyone missed my post.

Norm

Myron,

I have a tough time getting CC parts down here and an even tougher time finding old Cub Cadets. Now I know why. You've got them all!

Don,

The PS "hand pump" unit you need to run your power steering cylinder should be the type with the priority circuit built into the unit, then you run your loader pump or ported hydro (my preference, then you have steering even if the loader pump is off) supply line to the PS unit, it then provides supply to your remote circuit AFTER supplying the PS (hence priority valve). Priority valve would not be necessary if the PS was the only load on the circuit (no need for priority).

Study the schematics for the 1872/2072 PS and lift curcuits in the parts manuals and you will see what I mean.

BTW, the reference to "power beyond" earlier is a great way to add an additional valve to your circuit, but for PS you need "priority before" to make sure you can still steer the tractor while working the loader!!!

My 2072 will quit raising the implement (or slow way down) while steering because of the priority valve built into the PS unit on SGT's.

Don,

...and to avoid confusion....the priority valve is a specific valving option within the PS hand pump...so just putting it "first" in line won't cut it, that's just not how it works...it needs to be based to an internal load sensing flow control valve to keep the min, GPM required at the PS pump available.

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

So I guess to save myself from a disappointment later with how my ps works I had better just install a ported pump and use that for the power steering on my loader. That seems like my best option to have a smooth working system. (is that correct?)I might as well get at it and find one.
Thanks for your help with this .

I could use a little help identifying this mystery part. I found a small "can" labeled with an IH part number that I can't locate in the Cub parts lookup. While I don't know that it is a Cub Cadet part, it came with one of the Cub Cadets I have had for several years. All I have are Hydros now, but I have had a gear drive in the past.

The can is 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1 1/2 inches tall. It has metal top and bottom with cardboard like an old oil can.

There is a hand written number that looks like 376271-R91. I have tried all sorts of searches in the part number lookup, like 376171 or just 376 and nothing is listed that would fit in this container.

207358.jpg

Paul-
A Google search shows that it's a bearing.

It doesn't list the application, but at least we know WHAT it was...

Art: IH canned their bearings in order to be able to accept returns of unused bearings. IH would not accept for return credit any bearing out of the can.

Myron B

Latest posts

Back