• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 04, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdunham

displayname
Kevin Dunham
Good but very short day at Rock River, Kyle was developing a hack that was competing with the steam tractors, so we rode the train, scoped out the flea market and took just a little time with the displays. Saw Bryan at the train depot but by the time I realized it was him he was gone...dammit! We saw a 124 with hydraulics and rear PTO for a list of 800 bones, seemed like a decent deal but honestly I have no good idea about the prices of things lately. Didn't catch up with Wes, not sure if you were there at the same time or not. THAT PLACE WAS PACKED!!! It's very cool to see that so many people are paying attention to these types of things, it seems like it was alot larger than past years.
Hi Denny!

Kevin-

Good to see you posting again...I drove through New Glarus this summer and it made me wonder what happened to you.

Finished putting new clutch, drive shaft, etc back in my IH 1000. How I got it in I will never know. Only thing I forgot was the 4 little lock washers that go on that first piece that mounts to the engine .
bash.gif
Not pulling it apart for that though.

Just wanted to say THANKS for the link to service manual and where to buy parts from. Top notch all the way.

KEVIN - Been a few yrs since I went to the Rock River show. It pays to go to shows though.... That's where I found my 982! in 2000.

Think the last time I went to the show was 5-6 yrs ago, MUCH bigger crowd than when I went the first time back around 1992. I forget what year it was but they hosted the Red Power Round-up back about that time.

Charlie seems to be in a pretty good mood lately so I'm tryina an off topic ?. How big is the rock river that far north. I've lived around Rock River my whole life from Erie IL to now Rock Falls, I was just curious?

My thanks to Digger for the wiring harness info. Just what I needed.

William

Guess nobody has plans for a tractor umbrella. Doesn't anybody use them up North?

Norm B.
There's probably a lot of guys enjoying the Labor Day weekend. Patience grasshopper.
biggrin.gif

They made canopy style umbrellas for Cubs ya know.
196400.jpg

196401.jpg

Norm B: down here in Texas, we call them Ten Gallon Hats...
roflol.gif

Myron B

Richard T....man, that's back in the good 'ol days....sure miss his posts....one great guy and knowledgeable to....he has quite a few FAQ how to's on here.

How's the K-321 coming along....are you restoring it or refurbing it.

Rick

Kevin D. -

Dangit, I knew I shoulda announced the thresheree here. Sorry I missed ya!

Didja enjoy the ride on the "soot express?" LOL

A little bit of OT explaining:

The folks at the thresheree invite Union Pacific/Operation Lifesaver to setup a booth in the depot every year to get our railroad safety message out to the captive audience waiting to board the train.

I'm almost always there on a Saturday, but the booth is there all four days. Do drop by, we're always handing out something more than a brochure.
196405.jpg

Had some time after picking up broken branches to look at my loader (129)and found that the key and set screw is missing.I guess it won`t run today because I won`t be able to get parts today. Tuesday will be the day to get it working again.I will have to find a good welder to come up with a lift for my dump traile now that I got a hyd cylinder to use.I thinkm It will be slick to use the rear ports on my 1512 D that I got from Aaron at http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/.I will be able to load with the 129 and haul with 1512 Diesel.After the holidays things in the shop will get done and I`am looking forward to this winter to get my O painted and a few other projects completed.I will bw having some top soil delivered next week and got tot get this done.

I do have one question and need to pick a few brains here on this one. Will the add on hyd pump that I see on some 125`s and others run a power steering pump for my 129 loader? I read some where that they won`t stand continus duity cycle?
I might have to run a gear pump off the hyd back shaft to make this work.

Thanks as always guys.

1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif
worthy.gif
animatedihbear.gif

Don-

I don't understand why you can't put a ported hydro in the 129 and use the PS cylinder, mount, etc from an 1862 or something. Or I suppose you could use a car PS pump. I can't see why you'd want to use a $300+ NF hydraulic lift unit to run your PS when you could use a $50 ported pump or a perhaps free car PS pump.
confused.gif

Matt, Don,
Or better yet, tap in to the hydraulic system that is already on the loader. Most loader valves have a provision for power beyond. I haven't seen Dave Kamp on here for a while, but I'm sure him or Steve B can give you some good suggestions for that.

Todd Markle (Farmallgray)

Wow
stupid.gif
. I have a power beyone port on my controlls for the loader.But I will have to know just how much fluid use the power steering will use, Right now the loader could be faster .

What is the purpose of the CLUTCH DRIVING DISC SPRING 932-3018 IH listed in the service manual and where I bought my parts I seen a pic of them for a 1000 IH.
Mine IH 1000 didnt have them when taking apart and have no clue how they would go on if I did have them. Was it a before after date type thing that was updated?

Latest posts

Back