Archive through September 02, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwoods

displayname
R E Woods
Hey Guy’s
I just recently picked up a 482 and a 1282. Neither one is in running condition but I’m curious about the 1282. Is it possible to modify the 1282 provided the hydraulic pump is ported; to install a hydraulic lift cylinder and install hydraulic steering on this tractor?

yes, if it's ported.......not likely......

Without trying to step on toes, Because steve's answer was a bit confusing. Yes you could add those items if it had a ported pump. But it is unlikely to be ported because it came with manual lift.

To my knowledge, there was only a brief time during the IH to CCC sale when manual lift tractors got ported pumps because of a shortage of non-ported pumps in the inventory.

Kraig here are a few more photos. Trying to think if the previous owner(s) could have changed something. Things like is the length of the tension bolt too short, or did somebody change the tension spring to a smaller one.

298860.jpg

298861.jpg

298862.jpg

Attachments

• 298862.jpg
    298862.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 298861.jpg
    298861.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 298860.jpg
    298860.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 164
James, I could be wrong (and I was
bash.gif
blush.gif
) but I believe someone may have mixed up some parts on your mower deck sub-frame. I believe they may have paired up a Quick Attach mule drive portion with an older "pin on" scissor frame. I do not recall the Quick Attach scissor frame having the two holes for the support link. The older pin on scissor frames did have the two holes, see red circle. If it is as I am thinking it's possible the deck is being moved back by the rear mounting hole where the spring loaded Quick Attach pins mount.
dunno.gif

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I finally found a photo of one of my Quick Attach mower deck sub-frames and it does have the two holes.
old.gif

298864.jpg

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 162
  • blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 146
  • dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 155
  • old.gif
    old.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 298864.jpg
    298864.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 171
James, near as I can tell after studying and comparing your photos with manuals and photos in my archive, everything looks correct. Have you measured the belt, perhaps it was mislabeled as an IH-489397-R3 belt. It should be 3/8" x 75-1/2".

So if I swap the original pump with a ported pump it is possible to have a lift and power steering. Anyway to estimate a cost for this setup? What can I expect to pay for the used parts?

Reggie,

I might be cheaper to go find a later model CC that has hydraulic lift and power steering, rather than looking for all required parts separately.

I have seen a used power steering setup that would bolt on to a 982 fairly easy sell for more that $500. Not sure how easy it would install on other 82 series tractors.

Often in this hobby the cost is related to the desired part(s) availability and what you are willing to pay.

Jim

James M,

Does the belt drop down exactly vertical from the PTO down to the mule drive pulleys?

The tension spring does not seem to be over stretched.

Jim

I'd love to help Ya more Reggie, but we have to wait til Off Topic Friday to continue in this board.

If you'd like to post over in the CCC/MTD board, we could keep this going. I know, formalities... But without rules, talk of Green machines might creep in. Gross....
eww.gif

Attachments

• eww.gif
    eww.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 150
Nic,

Yes, that's what I meant....using phone to post and went too short! Thanks for the clarification

I have a 102 I just dug out of a field where its been sitting for 10 years after freeing up the steering and getting it running the clutch is stuck as well as the internal break. the reverse pops out of gear without holding it. seems the lever is moving on the trans for the break any ideas what I'm going to get into? do I need to remove the transmission to fix

Mike,

Since your in CT and not AZ. I would assume those 10 years have included some harsh winters and lots of moisture. So yes, it's likely the throw out bearing, clutch disc, shifter, gears, and differential all have a good coating of rust. I'm suprised you could get it in gear.

Because removing the rearend is rather simple, I would say yes. It will need to be removed to give you the room to free up the brake, clean up the shifter and gears and also get to the stuck clutch.

thanks nick ill do that just didn't want to find surprises that I didn't know. ill be getting into this without a manual.

had no problem getting it into gear but it just took right off the problem was getting into the back of the truck on ramps without the clutch and not putting it though the truck rear windshield

Kraig yup it measures 75 1/2" long, and 3/8 wide.
Jim P I have the belt off right now, but it looked to be straight. I'll check that when I put the belt back on.

I did try removing the tension nut all the way, and it popped of the nut at the very end. The belt it still to tight with the tension "bolt" disconnected.

Mike,

You should be able to find all the manuals you will need by looking around on this site.

Topics
Manuals

just making sure the lite is working

298869.jpg

Yep, I see it

Attachments

• 298869.jpg
    298869.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 163
Ya know Jeff, I offered Charlie a nice flashlight if he needed something to see by but he never answered up.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 159

Latest posts

Back