• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 02, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent; P.S. I think Charlie's load of shingles on the pallet would be a little too much weight.
lol.gif

Kraig
I think this is how it works.
Pull back on PTO handle and part 12 and 31 (brake pad) contact part 13 (brake shoe). Part 13 has 3 tabs that contact part 19 in it's 3 notches. Clutch is now disengaged and rotation is stopped by the friction from stationary part 31 and rotating parts 13 and 19. In this application thrust button part 14 only holds the brake shoe and springs in part 19. Hope that's understandable. JH

Couldn't find the edit post function. Should have added that part 13 and part 14 are locked together and move as one. Part 14 moves the springs and fingers same as on the non brake units but the only contact should be brake pad to brake shoe. Any type of wear on the end of the thrust button will mess up the groove that the "C" ring rides in and it won't stay put. Now hope that makes sense. I can fix my stuff, just can't explain it very well.

Jerry H. -

You mean that little pad of paper with the pencil over on the right of each post? The one where if you hover the mouse over it, says "Edit Post"
lol.gif

So, I decide to take a walk with the family instead of working on a tractor tonight...boy I'm glad I did!! The neighborhood across from me is all new development and home const.

These guys managed to find the only wet hole (water standing in it) on the property and then backed their telescoping fork lift INTO IT!!!!! They obviously didn't know when to stop spinning either!!!! Trick is going to be getting something big enough to pull it out close enough to it to get it done.........I'm guessing somebody got fired today!!!

39676.jpg

39677.jpg

39678.jpg

39679.jpg

Steve,
There is a perfect example of when you think you stuck, <font size="+2">STOP!!</font> and get some help. Just grinding youself into the ground is not the answer! B.T.D.T.

Tom,

Yup, and BTDT is the only way to learn that too!!!! I'm thinking these guys are carpenters not operators. Funny thing about it, I couldn't see a single REASON to even have it back there...EVERYTHING they need to do could have easily been done by loading materials from the front side of the house.

Im new to cubs and just got a 129,the pto is all missing but the drive hub. How many options do i have to replace everything? How bout electric?
Thanks guys
Brendan

Brendan B.
Only option is to find a used or rebuilt PTO. The 129's engine doesn't have holes tapped in it to put on an electric PTO.

Steve, I think you are right on the Sky-trak. An operator would have stopped early, stuck the fork in the ground and extended the boom to help push it out. Of course a good operator would have used the 42' reach on the boom to lift what ever it needed over the mud hole. Even at 42' out that thing has a lift capacity of almost 2000 lbs. I used to rent those rigs out where I used to work. They would really lift a lot of weight. They used to use 2 big forktrucks to lift big planters and such off the flatbeds when they came in. Finally got smart and just used one of those by itself. Much safer.

Back