• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thad, looks like 7 pints.

43534.jpg

Bryan: Thanks for the smile I needed a good laugh today!!

Yep it is hard for an old man to change lifestyles in his late 50's just so use to car and truck shows figured I had to know a few secrets for tractor shows!!

Still giggling never thought about these things not being judged!
bouncy.gif

Pops

Ben C. -

Personally I think it makes for a less uptight event if there's no judging. The only points at most tractor shows are just in the ignitions
wink.gif

We've joked in the past about a Cub-cours d'Elegance around here, but it's just a joke...

Kraig -

After 5 years of worrying about dust, grease, scratches, paint chips, kids climbing all over with stones in their shoes/rivets in their jeans and the clueless parents who think it's cute, I've turned in that badge...
wink.gif

Bryan, you should have taken your Original to a plow day to plow with it before you sold it so you could really show that you turned in your badge.
happy.gif

I'm pretty new to the IH forum and could use a little guidance. I have a 149 with no brakes. Not a problem as long as there is no need to stop. I have noticed the shaft that operates the brake calipers does not rotate when the brake is depressed. I turns out the roll pin is broken. I removed the pieces and have a new IH pin ready to install. Question is how do I drive the pin in? There is a hydraulic line that is in the way. Is there a preferred method to perform this task??
Thanks for any input.

Charlie; thanks for the pics!These knuckles are swollen and scarred from years of abuse.{Personnally,I soak 'em in cold beer!}What manual is the implement install in?Could not find it in my nf service manual!
beerchug.gif

Just took off the hood, front casting, tunnel cover,and the side panels, and am starting the tedious repainting process... need to get the 169 decal set though, along w/ the hour meter and correct large air cleaner and filter to make my 149 feel like it's big brother... I guess thats what it dressed up as for Halloween... HeHe

Maybe It'll look like this when I'm done...No it's not mine unfortunately...but I'll have a darn good imitation <font color="ff0000">enter key ;)</font>
43541.jpg

Looks like Thomas B. has just found the other OH HEdouble L spot on a 149 besides the lift handle roll pin!

Tom,
Now would a good time to plan on changing the Hytran and filter, cause that line really needs to come off to get that bastage roll pin back in, sorry to say. Of course they may be someone watchin that has a special way of doing it with removing that hard line.

Charlie,
Thanks for the feedback on the roll pin replacement. I was wondering how involved it would become. I understand the best way to change the hytran is by removing the rear end cover and replacing the gasket when done. I picked this tractor up this Fall and plan to restore it. Maybe the good side of all this is the brake pads may have lots of wear left in them!

Graeme and Myron, I had an idea that IH was global, well at least in Europe. but, AFAIK or can remember there has been one poster from the UK and Graeme, as far as overseas Cub Cadets. Did IH ship Cub Cadets overseas routinely?

Bryan,
I was always stumped by parents that let their kids act like that. After getting on a car ferry in eastern N. Carolina with a bunch of rough looking bikers, I told my boys to look, ask questions, but don't touch somebody else's stuff.

Pardon Me for being dense, but what the heck does the enter key do when you post a pic, and how should I use it (before or after) the pic??? Glen

Glen,
When posting a picture if you don't press enter the post window will look like this.
43548.jpg

If you press enter after posting a picture the post window will show the pictures on top of each other.
43549.jpg

Its also a good idea to press enter before the post. That way the picture is on a new line not at the end of a sentence.
43550.jpg

Charlie,
My project just got real interesting. I have a replacement part for the hydo that I thought would be simple to change out. It is the device with the two springs that dampen the controls to the pump. Transmision is jumpy the the springs currently in place seem worn. I am attempting to attach a picture to help explain what the heck I'm trying to say in a thousand words or less. Do I have to take this pump apart to replace this part? I really don't want to unless there is no other way. Here goes the first try with the picture upload. Any feedback appreciated.
43553.jpg

Tom B.
If you can crop your pics and lighten them up a bit, that always helps.
43555.jpg

If you will look at your old one on the tractor, you will see some C clips on each end.
You will have to drop the rearend though.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing here is EVERYTHING BEING SUPER CLEAN!
I have replaced the shaft assembly and not replaced the seals, but i was really lucky.
Here again, I can't stress the importance of owning manuals.
43556.jpg

43557.jpg

Latest posts

Back