• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfowler

displayname
bob fowler
<font color="ff0000">All you have to do is tell someone if the classifieds are not working for ya!
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie</font>

Well the wife looked all the entries over and she says that WOODY DELMAR is the one she likes the best. So if Woody would email me, I'll get Hanks book out to you ASAP.
43499.jpg

Thanks also go to all that emailed pics, but unfortunately they don't count, they had to be posted here.

I cut and welded the muffler extension as Charlie suggested. Now I don't have to worry about acorns plugging the muffler.
thumbsup_old.gif

43502.jpg

Just a quick note to say "hello" to everyone and I missed all the Plow day excitement very much again. Talk soon,Jim

Just picked up a spring assist for my 122.Can anybody walk me thru the installation?Thanks in advance!Bob.

So this last weekend i took the cub to the Antique Das & Steam Engin Museum Fall Harvest tractor show and i took some pics so you guys can see 'em.

43513.jpg

That was a booth that the IH Collectors club was at for "red power" I parked the cub next to the Farmalls that they had set up behind the booth.

43514.jpg

Gettin ready to disk-it-up.

43515.jpg

Tillin it up.

43516.jpg

I honestly dont know what the hell i was doing.

43517.jpg

That thing had nothin on me.
43518.jpg

Just hangin out Befor the showing.

43525.jpg

43526.jpg

43527.jpg

43528.jpg

43529.jpg

This is a friend of mine's Cletrac. He got it for 200 bucks 13 years ago. He restored it with a friend in like under 5 months. The little seat thats next to me he built so that he could carry his son when he was working with the tractor when he was a small child. I got to drive it and man it was fun. Its slow. Just 3 gears no high or low. Inline 6 with no electric start. So i had to turn over the motor to get it started. It was my first time driving a crawler so it was alot of fun.

Thanks to y’all for your notes.
To David & Myron, yeh, IH were quite big in Aust. They manufactured as well as sold.
To Bruce, 1. You are a Lert. I thought the block was hidden. I had that wheel off searching for the serial no.
2.The rear tires are 6.20x12, they could be off a car although they would not make much road contact, they have grooves ground across them supposedly for grip. Like the motor, that’s how I got it, but dirtier (leaves, cobwebs, hornets nests etc.) than the pic. My son in law is an earth moving contractor & he carted it home for me in his tipper from under a gum tree in a paddock he was working on.
3. The 5 hp is what was on it. It is not a long term solution, I am inclined to go 10 or 12. I just want to get the Honda going & run around my yard a bit to check how everything else goes. And herein was a SURPRISE TO ME. The Cub transmission requires the motor to run in the opposite direction to motor vehicles, so the little motor is installed back to front, & the clutch drive disc is mounted on what would normally be the front end of these engines. So I need to be careful that any motor I fit (& here in oz Honda has very good small engines) is strong enough in the front to do the job. Our beaches are sand (see pic) so I hear what you say.
4. Thanks for your ideas on mounting stuff.
To Tedd, OK, sometimes (many for me) the fish are off, so a small Esky might be the go, take the drinks (soft ones for me) out, & bring the fish back. Not sure whether to have blue wheels or white.
To Marlin, thanks for the encouragement.
To Charlie, LOL Appreciate the gig on the little Honda (by the way I’m gonna have to clutch start it, I have had it running on my bench), & honestly thanks for your support & advice by emails.
43532.jpg

Terry B,

NICE JOB on the addition of the turnout on your stack! I think it looks much better than straight up and I'm sure it will help divert the exhaust away from the cab area.

RW
beerchug.gif

Anthony C,

Do you have any idea as to the vintage of that Cletrac?

Your friend did one heckva nice job restoring that baby! Probably not the easiest to locate parts for! I realize that the cost of doing such a restore largely depends on the condition of the machine when you first start - that being said, do you happen to know ~about~ how much $$ it took for your friend to get it completed?

Driving it would be a blast - was it hard to hand-crank? I'd guess that it has compression relief valves that you manually open when starting, then close once started...? It is diesel powered, right?

RW
beerchug.gif

I have a 100 and an orignal the 100 has fenders the orignal has none. can someone tell me if they will enterchange. thanks in advance johnny

Johnny, the 100 used a different fender setup then the Original. On the Original the frame does not have a "tunnel" that covers the transmission and the fenders for it mount on the transmission. On the 100 the frame "tunnel" covers the transmission and the fenders mount to the axles and to the "tunnel". The fenders will not interchange without some fabrication of mounting parts.

Anthony, it sure looks like you were having way too much fun!
happy.gif

Terry, very nice!

Anthony cool time, I like that disk shot!! LOL

Is that a 300 or 400 you are waving at? Just curious!

Question: I have seen some of the tractors taken to shows how do they judge these things? We have a wonderful tractor show here in Wabash, In. and all work right now is being prepared for that!

Pops

how much transmision fluid does a 1966 cub cadet 122 take
thanks thad

Ben C. -

Judge?
lol.gif

I haven't been to a tractor show yet that has judging. These generally aren't car shows
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back