• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas
that's for sure... them brake pads are about $27 EACH!!! My new 107 i picked up has excellent pads... woo-hoo!!

Scott T.
$27.00 each!
Man,I guess I better raise my prices! LOL
43559.jpg

43560.jpg

Tom B.

Read all 4 -5 pages of FAQ 15 very carefully.

The funny shaped flat plate can be removed via the spring clips Charlie mentioned. The "fish hook" plate is integral to the shaft and required complete disassembly of the unit. IF you decide to disassemble the unit GET THE MANUAL!!!! There are a couple very critical steps involving the removal of the swash plate roll pins that, if done wrong, can get you in a world of hurt.

If you have access to a welder, it's best to repair the unit in place as detailed in the FAQ, but if the seals are leaking, etc. dissassembly may be required.

Dissassembly isn't too hard, but it requires careful attention to detail, cleanliness, and some mechanical skills. If you can work on the guts of a Kohler, you can work on a hydro (with a manual).

I've done several of these, both ways, welding and reshaping is much easier.

Wrecked truck got replaced yesterday!!! Pick up the new one tomorrow AM!!!!

Brand new 2006 F-150 Super Crew 5.4L, 4x2, dark metallic gray and silver lower 2 tone. All the same options as before plus some, and for the same $$$$ payments on the same term loan......yup, I'm happy!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Yep Charlie... that what they get for them in the land of taxes at the dealer... Perhaps I need a new supplier....

I have auto search on Flea-bay for cushman truckster, and the hit came back on a brake assy for a cushman... The brake looks very similar to our cub brakes..... Hmmmm (insert grinding cogs here)

The 107's engine went to the kid's high school shop thin AM, junior is going to rebuild it for me.... Gotta buy a piston, Rod, & gasket set...

Already there!!! I've bought from Madson's before... excellent...

Charlie and Steve,
Thanks for the feedback!! I'm going to give it a try. With all this good advice....what could possibly go wrong?!

Thanks Kraig & Brian for the help. I am new to this computor stuff. This is my first orignal. I have 14 cub cadets ( 4 running ) rest are for parts if needed. thanks again Johnny

Steve B., sounds like that accident might be a blessing in disguise.
happy.gif

David P., the gentleman in the UK is Robin Howe. There was also a forum member in Norway named Gunnar Tveten and another forum member in Finland named Juha Heikkila.

Latest posts

Back