• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 29, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill J.
As much as I would like to go south with what Cubs I have left, it's just not gonna happen any time soon.
We moved up here to so the wife could be close to her dad, and I can't ask her to leave because of a setback.

Keith - I don't know nothing' about these Cub Cadets, but it seems to me that CCC painted that piece yellow. Your blade looks really wide and I'm wondering if it is a CCC blade?

On a side note, that's a mighty fine looking 1650 you got there. Momma is pressuring me to thin the heard, and apparently sending the parts 122 down the road wasn't enough. If I ever snap under the pressure or succumb to the blow of a rolling pin to the head, the thought has crossed my mind to make my 1650 the keeper - like yours. Nice looking machine!

Under edit: Charlie - understood. We are exactly in our neck of the woods to help out with our parents, though it seems sometimes it's the other way around. Funny how that works - LOL!

Thanks Bill its a 54" blade. I haven't tried it on snow yet but it works great cleaning up apples and black walnuts out of the yard. I love that 1650 and soon as the funds are there I want to try a gear drive out. I haven't decided on a model yet but probably a 12hp or 14hp.

Keith O - on your question, I've never seen any IH blades or parts for them painted yellar, but CCC eventually did. I'd guess that triangular part you got is a late replacement. I've seen a few of them twisted and bent up - usually from contact with a really immovable object. As I noted in a post below, I'd never be locking that trip lock-out, even when you're cleaning up apples and black walnuts.
Now, as for looking for a gear drive, my suggestion would be "forget it" unless it's gonna be a show piece. I don't want to start a raucous on here, but Hydros always win out.

Bill "Quick Question" Jamison - please don't be telling fibs on here. I know you already know alot about these Cub Cadets. Heck, I think you already have or had at least 4 different models. And I hope your wife does hit you over the head so you finally make that decision and go with ALL HYDROS (you don't need that 126).

After much searching, can somebody her tell me where to go..... get a center cap for a 100 with the white background and red/black ih logo in it? I haven't much luck finding that style.

HARRY - I think Biil's Wife clobbered you with her rolling pin.

EVERY discussion I've ever seen here always agreed that if you have ONE CC, it can be either a GD or Hydro... DUH! If you have TWO, you need a GD and a Hydro. If you have three or more, you have to have at least ONE GD & one Hydro. ONLY MIXED fleets allowed I guess.

"OFFICIALLY" I'm down to one of each now. SON has one GD. With the size of his yard, it's enough. My 982 was too big for his smaller yard last year.

If for whatever reason I had to get rid of a CC, I'd keep a GD. No "Hydro DROOL" where ever you park it, and you can park them running and not have to worry about them creeping away, steady speeds, no speeding up & slowing down. You just need a little bit more coordination to run them.

Harry, I disagree. You bring one of your hydro's to my next tractor pull. We'll see which one wins out!

from the October 27th.. archieve, you can see my Pic. My entire plow and brackets were all yellow. The Red paint is painted over the Yellow and the yellow is some tough tough stuff. It is obviously the original Paint or Powder Coat.
No White Plow though so maybe the Main Bracket was a replacement.

I have a quick question.
What is the best way to pick up most of the walnuts in a mowed yard this time of year? I use a pull behind lawn sweeper in the spring under our hickory tree and it picks them up pretty good. But walnuts this time of the year are pretty good size. Just asking 'cause I haven't tried it yet. (I have to haul a cub and sweeper to the yard. It's where we camp.)
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back