• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 28, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Austin E.
REPLACE IT!!!!!
Yea I was yellin at ya for even thinking about reusing something like that!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 148
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 147
Jim Lord- I had the exact same problem with the cover on one of my 1450's and my solution was to customize the cover and add 2 new bolts drilled and tapped into the flat spot on the side. I welded an extension onto the cover and ground it flat, then added the 2 bolt holes. I cut a new gasket to go under the extension.
310521.jpg

Attachments

• 310521.jpg
    310521.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 310521.jpg
    310521.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 144
Charlie, I might just put a safety wire in it for now then replace it when it comes to winter. But I can't wait to wake up the neighbors when it snowing at 4 in the morning with this v twin.

Also, I noticed my rear cover on my rear was leaking a little bit. I dont have a draw bar on it, since i plan on to add 3 point. Should putting washers around the bolts stop the leaking? Thanks

Austin E.
There's only one way IMHO.
Remove the cover, check to make sure that's it's flat and put a new gasket in.
Washers and cranking things down will only makes things worse.

Man, it's great to see KenTuck's name, products, and videos on here again! Ken, if you're lurkin' around here from time to time, say "hello." Or, "hell no" - as the case may be...

Here's to ya
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 143
  • beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 143
Same here, miss ol' KenTuck.
By the way, good morning all. Can't sleep cause it's deer season, and I did not say deere season.
There is only one season for that: Cub Cadet season!
Hope to start on the 100 real soon.
Quick, someone send Charlie some red paint!
err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 145
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 142
Austin-

If you are using the original length bolts and no drawbar, you probably need to put washers under them that are the same thickness as the drawbar so that the bolts aren't bottoming out.

Ed T.,

Nice job and a very creative solution! I'll keep that in mind if mine starts to leak in the future.

The red Permatex aircraft "Hi-Tack" sealant that I used is about the best gasket "goo" I've ever used and is very robust. It's unaffected by almost everything and stays pliable, so I'm hoping that I won't have any problems.

Ed I like your repair as well. Looks good!
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 133
  • thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 141
Good morning, All. Still fighting the sinuses and feeling better slowly. What size is the fill level plug for the Original Cub Cadet. I can't find my parts book this morning. TIA!!!
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 137
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 140
Okay Charlie, did you actually paint that Cub black or you discover photoshop last week? Kind of funky looking to be honest. I know the political correct people will hate it though!! Lol

Charlie,
The black 782D looks cool!
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 137
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 145
Charlie, Did you spray your 782D with bedliner?

I think that would look good and be durable too!
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 145
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 143
back on the yellow creeper

even ones built right and filled properly with hytran regurgitate!

I answered all your questions on the Off Topic POS Black Rat rod Cub Cadet diesel thing in the CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 149
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 147
"thing"
roflol.gif

310597.jpg

Attachments

• roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 310597.jpg
    310597.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 310597.jpg
    310597.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 141
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 143
I have decided to build a front end loader for one of my cubs. I have the P F Engineering plans and am about to start work. The issue right now is which cub to put it on. I have a 71, 124, 125, 127, 128, 2-149's and a 1650. All have been reconditioned, they all run and they all have a job around my property. I could put in on any one of them by moving equipment around. Which would best suited for the job? Gear drive or hydro, wide frame or narrow? Any and all comments/opinions will be appreciated.

Hello Everyone
With the winter weather coming it reminds me of last year. Last winter I had trouble starting my 1650 cub! Is there different carburetor adjustments that I should try for winter? Could be a silly question
Thanks

Latest posts

Back