• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve B & Todd M:
The first 1650 I owned had a clutch in it and the intent was just as Todd mentioned - to ease winter starting. I don't know if this option was factory-installed or dealer-installed. I do remember seeing it in one of my parts books, though.

Have fun this weekend!
Keith

Here are a couple pics of my exhaust flange modification. I set it up and milled it flat.
your_image.gif

Then I drilled & tapped it for a 5/16-18.
your_image.gif

Also, after I ground the 45 degree angle on the valves, I went and ground a 65 degree transition underneath to get rid of that step under the head.

Ohyea, since we are sharing pics of lathes, here is one of mine.
your_image.gif

Gotta love them logans.

Here are a couple pics of my exhaust flange modification. I set it up and milled it flat.
your_image.gif

Then I drilled & tapped it for a 5/16-18.
your_image.gif

Also, after I ground the 45 degree angle on the valves, I went and ground a 65 degree transition underneath to get rid of that step under the head.
your_image.gif

Ohyea, since we are sharing pics of lathes, here is one of mine.
your_image.gif

Gotta love them logans.

Melvin,
That's the first thing I did for my 147, since the battery was being held in by gravity alone. I did use a grinder on the outside corner of the angle on each end to give the washer and nut a (small) flat surface to set on. I also rounded the ends and ran it over a wire wheel to keep from snagging myself on it, then just primed and painted it with rattle cans. If I ever decide to restore it, I'll use an IH piece, but it's worked for a couple of years now.

Todd M/SB -

Soooooo...

Essentially you're talking about the "hydro disconnect" option in the parts book? Where you could get a QL with a clutch to make it easier to start?

I dunno, my Simplicity is harder to start in the winter if I leave the clutch engaged than the 1450 is...

We're all loaded up, Dang I hate to leave, it's 70 freakin degrees here, LOL

Travis and Bryan have my cell number in case anyone needs anything picked up along the S.E. Minnesota to Peoria route.
CYA saturday!

Didn't somebody post some pics on how to set your plow using a cinder block, 2x6, & such. I couldn't find them here? Would somebody mind reposting them? thank you Tyler

Bryan,

Yup, you are right...knew about that clutch, but they were known to be somewhat unreliable and unpopular. Todd's idea with the std. clutch is a nice work-worund.

Hey Steve B.- Is there an address I can do a mapquest on to bring me straight to Plowday since I'm in an RV? Time is ticking and this had slipped my mind till now.

M. Schwartz -

Ummmmm - if you click just above here for PD8 info then click the word MAPS, you'll find more maps than you prolly need
wink.gif

Bryan- I did but i cant find the pinpoint addy and I was just wondering if there was one to clear up my confusion?

Matt,

Map Quest SUCKS in rural areas...you can be off by MILES....use the maps on the site and the one I just emailed you. I work with maps and rural addresses every day...I promise you my map will do you a better job than Map Quest.

Patience young grasshopper.....all will be well and you will find Plow Day
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve- the start time is now 9AM...

So when's the meeting at the Iron Skillet???

Oh... and where is it exactly?

The Iron shillet is at the truck stop at 39 &64 in Rochelle.It is 1-1/2 hours from there say 6-7 ish.

Pretty warm & wet here today too Charlie! I've been using my designated roller tractor "Let's Go Cubs" nearly every day this week.
22500.jpg

I roll the gravel driveway after it rains and it's really getting smooth. Of coarse I graded it first with a sleeve hitch rear box blade I bought from Art Aatay and then drag with 2 bed springs (one on top of the other & weighted down with about 60lb).

Still can't decide whether to load up for PD8 or not today!
sad.gif

Mike M. -

Ummm - check the link I posted. That's Rt. 38. Unless of course you want Dave K. to get lost
lol.gif

Speaking of battery tie downs, every Cub I bought from back east came with the standard rubber bunge tie down for a battery holder. I just assumed that was the way they were delivered back there.

Yep you are right but it is the only truck stop on 39 in Rochelle see you there around 6:30ish

Latest posts

Back