• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SB -

What missed you is headed straight for Tom and I in, oh, a few minutes
wink.gif

My Wife & I will be at PD8 afterall.
Leaving home about 5 a.m. Saturday
See all there.

Bryan,
I added a clutch to a 123 but I can't see why you couldn't do it to any NF or WF just use the gear drive clutch assy from the appropriate series.
I did have to make the shaft custom though because
some of the holes on the gear drive shaft were in
the wrong place and the hydro shaft was too short.

Here's a little irony for ya. Went to leave at PD at 5:00 AM, and the RF tire on my truck was flat. I wasn't really in the mood to pull the spare down, so my trip was canceled :-( Later this morning I went down to check it out and the valve stem had broken. That's the second time I went to leave for a Plow Day and had a broken valve stem. Last time it was during the day, so it wasn't really an issue.

Travis -

That's not irony, that's a conspiracy!

I am having problems understanding how to attach a five position snow blade to my model 126. I recently purchased a refurbished unit. It was shipped in pieces and did not having diagrams or instructions. Would anyone have photos of how it looks assembled and then how it is attached to the under the tractor? Thanks

Travis,

Ever go to drop the spare only to find out it's not there anymore.
Lousy GM cable hoists.

Steve, I've gone back to drop the spare on my 94 Dodge, only to find that the tube that operates the hoist was rusted so badly it wouldn't operate. Oh, to have my spare mounted in the fender like days of old!

I had the spare sieze in place on my Ford F100...

And on a previous occasion, I had a roadside flat, under conditions where I couldn't get to the spare (because the tire was flat)... and I"m not much of one to crawl under a truck that's sitting on a lousy factory jack.

So, when it siezed in place, I put a cutoff tool in there, and eliminated the hanger... carried it in the bed thereafter.

Obviously no Plow Day for me. Work prompted some overtime today. I sure hope to at least make Dyersville Toy Show... (if there isn't overtime scheduled for that weekend.)

Okay, I would like to ask. What kind of interest would there be IF (and that is only IF since this is only asking about interest) a toy model of the Original Hydrostatic Prototype were made? Does anyone think that a model were it made be a neat collectible or a dud? I am NOT saying that a model is going to be made. I would just like to inquire about interest in such a thing.

Hello, new guy on the forum here, and I wanted to get some advice on a first CC to do as a father/son project this winter. Found the site while looking for some info on my 123 dedicated snowblower tractor, which can't be the project because it has to stay in service over the winter. What I am thinking of would be a NF gear drive. Need to stay on the cheap, wife already thinks I am nuts due to other hobbies! What series/model/style has the best availability of used and NOS/repro stuff? Thanks for your advice, this looks like it could be fun!

Can anyone forward Steve Spencer's email address or phone # to me?? Thanks!

Steve, my thinking was that I didn't want to drive 400 miles without a spare ;-)

I was debating on making the drive anyway, and that just made my decision. Hope everyone had a good time. Sounds like the turnout was good.

Marlin -

I wonder...

All the interest in the world didn't get us a precision Original from Ertl. Personally, I'd still rather see one of those with a #1 cart first.

Instead, they gave us the JD 110 and now a bunch of JD 140 Patios and a green JD 140. Sigh...

As most of you know by now Kevin sold his 782D. 8-( But it did go to a good home :cool:. I was standing next to the future owner (I'll let him come forward) during the raffle today. He told me that he was the new owner of the smoker and was kinda' nervous about the purchace because he never saw it "In person". I assured him that it was one of the nicest one you'll find. Boy you should have seen him smile when it showed up!!!

Plow Day Pictures!

Here's how it works- anybody who wants high-res pictures of any I post... I'll Email 'em direct to 'ya, but download the low-res copy, and email it to ME, so I know which one you want.

There's quite a few folks in here that I don't know names of... so, if you're not the one in the picture, please let me know who the subject is!

Thanks!

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

Tom H you have Spencer mail.

Has anyone considered a half breed Cub? I've got a fair-at-best JD 214 I keep looking at as a potential parts source for my 126. Tighter steering radius front axle with 1" spindles. Any thoughts? Do the green k321s have a different block or crank?

Thanks

last

(Message edited by jkoenig on October 30, 2004)

Latest posts

Back