• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nate: Does this help. Charlie, its in the mower manual.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
43370.jpg

Guys some guys can restore things and some just do not get the hang of it or just doesn't care.

After restoring many things in my life the biggest thing I found out is you have to have patience, time and money (usually I have one but not the other)my problem is I am a perfectionist.

My 1000 is pretty simple really, the biggest rust issue I have is the front rims but not so bad that I can not salvage them. The guy that puts on a quick paint job is usually planning on selling his item fairly quick so what else did he do that might need a second look?

My 2 cents. I do it because I like the product I am working on and problay will keep it for a long time!

Steve B. Glad to hear you are all right. A Ford actually being built tough saved my 78 yr. old Father's life last year. Sorry tho I am a GMC man. LOL

Pops

I can see where you guys are getting upset over that 682. You are right that some people have it and some don't however, you can't knock a guy for trying. There are people out there who think what we like to do (my wife included) is a waste of time and resources. Most think garden tractors are a tool, not a toy.

Anyway, this guy saw a machine needing refurbished and may not have know what the value was. He did the best he could with what he had for all we know.

I ain't the best mechanic, but you only get better the more you work on things. My boys and I have having a blast fixing up the SO76 I rescued from a farmers pasture. Which is better, rotting in the pasture, or demolitioned with a building, or a crappy restoration?

Thanks for listening.

Nate D:

To expand on what the other have contributed on the 782 Grill, here is some additional pics. The the second pics, the spring hooks at the indent indicated by the Blue arrow.

43377.jpg

43378.jpg

I begger to differ steve, I think he know what he has, or he wouldnt know what those tags are for, or that its a "rare" version of the 682. The fact that he took before and after pics. While I cannot judge the quality of the paint finish without seeing the tractor, even he might have been made that the masking leaked and the tags got paint on them, if those can be cleaned up, it might be really nice for a non profesionsal restore.

Couple things - does anybody else routinely get a vicious pinch from the hood release? My 782 has bit me so often I approach it like a mean horse.

Also, I have noticed in the photos of everyone else's tractors that the front wheel camber (the vertical axis) of my wheels is tilted in at the bottom of the wheel such that the outside edge of my tires wear dramatically faster than the inside edge or center. It is really noticeable. Obviously, it hasn't stopped me from 600 hours of lawn mowing and snow throwing but it destroyed the original ribbed tires. Is there a cure or do I just buy a set of tires every twenty years or so?

Craig E.-

The front tires are cambered like that to make it much easier to steer. Find yourself a narrowframe cub with the front spindles bent from too many wheelies and you'll see what I mean. I had a 125 on which the front spindles no longer had any camber. It was <u>really</u> hard to steer. I think you just have to buy new front tires every 20 years. They usually get weather-checked before then anyway.

Good Morning!

When I mentioned the business selling 23 X 1050 X 12 for $53.00 I was talking about tire chains, not tires. Sorry 'bout that. Let me know if you need the contact info. Enjoy plow day everyone.

Latest posts

Back