• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Wild Bill.
Yes I have, and my local dealer will not order them for me.
Probly cause they do all and any work on that cub as it is needed and the mechanic dont want to have me messing with the cub.
I looked at the Binder link above, all I saw there was for IH.
Looks like a great sorce if and when I need one for my older IH cubs.

Lonny: Man, that is a bunch of crap!! Have you tried any other dealers, or Cub Cadet/MTD themselves?

Wild Bill,

Not yet, I am looking for a contact number for C&G to see if I can order one from them.
You know I had their phone number but I done and miss placed it.
I am also going to look to see if maybe I can find phone numbers for other cub dealers around here.

Found the number for C&G, I just had to look in the right place.
Always find it in the last place I exspect it to be .

<font color="ff0000">Dennis, Sorry but I'm not going to let folks advertise to do business with a company that doesn't pay their own bills, and also has 40 excuses as to why they shouldn't have to!
I hope you understand.
Charlie</font>

Lonny,

I have room for two levers on the control valve, both in use. One to swing the power blade up front and one to lift one implement at a time, be it front or back. When I saw your winter-ready pics it got me thinking about where I might go with this next winter. As I'm learning from experience and from the message board, my Cub likes my wallet. So does my wife and kids and lenders and grocery store, and, and, and... So many options, so little cash
crazy.gif

Steve, bummer about your truck. Good to hear that your OK.

Charlie, what's the story on your photos?

Charlie,
Thanks for the reminder of the "other" FAQ link!
I had only looked through the https://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/ location.
worthy.gif

However, (I must be blind) On page 1, about 5 lines down, it lists the 129CC, there it lists the gen/strtr belt (3/8" x 31 11/16") and the 1/2" x 77" deck spindle belt, but it doesn't list the PTO/mower belt. Where am I missing it?
dunno.gif

Re: the "rearend wiper", thanks for the encouragement, but I think I'll pass on developing such a unit!
wink.gif

Thanks again!
RW
beerchug.gif

Kraig,
Not much to it.
A guy passed us on the right trying to get between a semi and us, clipped the right front of the truck, sent us fish tailing down the road. I corrected twice, then the left rear hit the soft shoulder and we proceeded to barrel roll through the median! 3 complete revolutions later, we were settin upright!
The guy that hit us never stopped.

Charlie, WOW! That doesn't look like it rolled, you must have been airborne the whole time. Glad you're still with us. When was that anyway?

Ryan W.
The title at the top of the page list PTO & Spindle.
The belt listed for the PTO means it's the one that runs from the PTO to the deck.
And the belt listed for the spindle means that runs from spindle to spindle on the deck.
bouncy.gif

Kraig,
Jan.11,2000 10:14 A.M.

Mike: Yeah, I agree on the Honda. But the prices on Kohlers at 1900 bucks (cheapest I could find) are out of line with 1125 for the Honda. I just don't see how the Kohlers can justify the extra 800 bucks. That's a lot of money to me. My old series one is still running but I know the day is coming when a repower will happen.

Wild Bill: Thanks for the tip - I found the instructions in my manual and will test that coil today. It reminded me to check my condensor and timing while I was at it - winters coming and my 782 has been cranky the last couple of years about starting. Like most things, always figured I'd get to it when it broke...

Off topic post. Did anyone else have a spectacular sunrise this morning?

43340.jpg

Lyle: I passed on it - but then reconsidered about two days later and it was already gone. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Oh well. On the other hand I'm being advised by my tractor afficianado brother-in-law that I need 40 horsepower to have any fun at all. I'm skeptical about that but he says post hole diggers and brush hogs will suck up horsepower like there is no tomorrow. Also, I'll have to do some tree dragging and, again, I'm told that takes some pretty good HP.

Does anyone have a list of torque specs for an OCC transaxle? Like specs for the input shaft retaining nut and axle bearing retainer bolts etc.,etc. I'm reassembling mine and was surprised to find that the Chassis Service Manual doesn't list any. Thanks.

Michael, <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> likely intended the mechanic to follow this:

43342.jpg

Kraig,
I've seen that chart before but couldn't remember where. Thanks for the help!

Michael, I can email a high resolution version so you can print out a better version. Let me know if you would like me to send it.

Check out this 682 on ebay. Factory test model. Looked pretty rough before this guy got it.
Item #290043617784.

Michael R.
I'm not one to hammer a Cub guy to bad, BUT, that guy butchered and runied that Cub Cadet BIGTIME!
IMHO it should have been left in it's original state.
Did you by any chance, see this!
This is restored! Geez
43346.jpg

Latest posts

Back