• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kriag, I would appreciate a hi-res copy. Thanks!

OK, I'll send it on it's way.
happy.gif

Charlie P. Nope no fat head... just taller than the average Cub guy.
biggrin.gif
I went to bed soon after the last post. Running the test stand wears a person out.

Steve T. Thank you for the compliment. The 104 sad to say was sold so that I could bring my 125 back home.

Steve B. Good to hear that you are okay... so far. DO NOT sign off on any medical claims. Like a dumb*** I signed off after being rearended and a couple months down the road found out my neck pains were whiplash. The guy was only going 10 - 12 mph when he hit my stopped Dakota.

We're working again this Saturday trying to play catch up. Since there wasn't any overtime all summer this will help catch up on some bills.

Glen C.
I never thought about taking any pics of that spacer.The guy that owns it is currently being treated for throat cancer so I may not be able to get access to the gen. until he is a little better. I made it out of 1" thick aluminum and used the carb gasket as a pattern for the outside shape.I fastened it to the faceplate on my lathe and bored the center hole the same dia. as the carb throat. The two mounting holes were done on a drill press as were the venturi and vacuum port holes.The fittings came with the propane kit which I think was a B&S factory kit, I will try to get a copy of the installation instructions if you want them. I think a conversion could be done a little cheaper if you could get a regulator with a vacuun port and buy the misc. parts locally. Don't hold me to that statement please. You must have a vacuum controlled regulator, it shuts off the gas if the engine quits.

Michael R.

I have to say a little washing and that 682 would have been fine. Too bad it has been "restored".

Marlin,

Love that MF you have there. I think I would hit my head on the roof of the cab and I aint no tall guy like you.
happy.gif

He should have taken his time restoring that 682, guess he doesnt know how to properly mask items. I wonder how it looks up close, the distance the pics are take from can hide a multitude of sins in the paint job. Oh well, for the right price, it can be striped and redone easily enough. The brass tags should be able to be cleaned up, dont know bout getting the paint off the cub cadet tag without messing up its finish.

Charlie,
After looking again, I see how the list is assembled.

I took the part #s to my local service guy (he's not a CC dealer, but does the work for the local CC/MTD dealer, he's sold me parts before and done some repair work for me). Anyway, he looked up the PTO-to-Deck belt and compared it to the part number (IH-490489-R2) which I got from your list.

According to him, the IH-490489-R2 belt is a 1/2" X 80", - FYI - NOT a 3/8" X 80" as it is listed. I'm not throwing stones, just passing along newly-aquired information. I don't know if your table needs correcting or if he gave me the wrong belt, but I can tell you the 1/2" X 80" belt seems to work fine on my #421U111 deck. My 129 and I chopped a bunch of leaves this evening!

RW
beerchug.gif

I finish plowing my garden Wednesday afternoon.
43353.jpg

43354.jpg

I was somewhat surprise how clean the tires were.
43355.jpg

43356.jpg

Plowing comeplete.
43357.jpg

I should have waited a day or two for the soil to dry up. Traction was great considering we had 2-3 inches of rain in the last 2 weeks. Hope everyone has a good time at Bluniers plow day this weekend.

Ryan W.
Thanks man, that's what I need is guys like you to make sure I have the right info on there and catch my typos.
43359.gif

Ok. I agree that either that guy did a poor job with the paint or can't use masking tape worth a hoot. But I honestly can't say I would have just hosed it off and left at that. The dash was broke the seat was in poor shape and who knows what shape the engine was in. I would not have painted it though. On the filp side I would not have bought it at all if I was him. I like to have fun "Working" with my cubs that one would have spent all its time in my garage. Maybe someone up there in Wisconson should buy it and fix it right.
jawdrop.gif

OK, I'm lost here. I just got my top part of 149 sleeve hitch, I dont have a manual, so I dont know if I need the pinplate or not for the lift linkage, and how to install it if I do... I know it goes on the arm on the end if the hydro cylinder, but thats as far as I can remember.
help.gif

Jim Chabot should get it and do a proper restoration to it and add it to his collection, that tractor screams for a professional restoration.

Anybody have close up pics of the correct engine/block for a CC169?
confused.gif

Glen,
It looks the same as your 149's engine with the exception that original 16's had 13 fins instead of 12.
So what's the plan? Change the air filter housing, add the hour meter and put 169 decals on your 149?

<font size="+2">PLOW DAY 12 Announcement</font>

Ok folks, here's the deal. As of 8pm Thursday we have had .2" of rain. Assuming it does not pour and that it clears off some of the day Friday, we will probably be able to plow Saturday.

SO......Here's the schedule.

Friday Night:

Show up if you'd like, we will still have the chilli etc., so bring your lawn chair. If we can plow we will, if not we will have a good time.

Saturday:

We will make every effort to plow Saturday (Sat weather still looks good!!!).

The 4-H will still be having their food stand. Please remember to give them some business, no matter what the weather (it's hard to plan for this type of an occurance, and I don't want to see them get hurt $$$ with lots of left overs).

If for some reason it turns out too wet, we'll revert to swap-meet mode.

At this time this is the best information can give you guys. Come on over Friday/Saturday, we'll have a good time no matter what!!!

Steve

This is a stupid question, but it has been so long since I took the tractor apart, I forgot how it goes. On a 782D (or any for that matter) where do the springs for the grill go? Does anyone have a pic. I have them hooked up to the grill and then to the bottom of the front nose piece but it doesn't seem right. Please excuse my stupidity. It is the one pic I didn't take before tearing it apart.

That'll work. But unless I'm an idiot, which is quite possible, I counted 13 fins on my block, but I'll reciount later. Glen

Nate,
I dunno if this will help, but it's all I have right now.
43365.jpg

43366.jpg

I'll see if I can dig out my 82 series service manual tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back