• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 24, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
biggrin.gif

Question .. I finally decided to dig out the 100 trans / rear end to finish it up and get it ready to paint. Its only been sitting around for maybe 2 years now. Have any of you guys reused the old gaskets ? When I took it apart a was able to get all of them off without tearing them except the gear shifter gasket. I know I should get a new set for it but do you think I can get away with it? It looks like p o might have had it apart and changed the fluid in it , it was really clean inside. What do you think ?

question/on my 61-o have oil leak from points push rod.can anyone tell me how i can fix it.thanks for you time. stan

Johnathon, just my 2 cents, if the gasket looked real good I would reuse it.

But remember I am a cheapskate,,lol

Stan L.
Pull the crank case breather and make sure it's not all gunked up.
Just make sure and put it back EXACTLY the way you removed it, or you will have a river of oil streaming down the side of the engine.

Stan,

Is it a new steel points push rod,or the aluminum one?If the latter change it out.

Jonathan,
I guess you could use the old gasket but are you a gambling man?

Charlie,
The 450 will work the snot out of the 782 under normal conditions (like 2 or 3 inches of regular dry snow) blowing at a reasonable pace? Or trying to clean up two storms worth of snow in less than a half hour at almost road speed?
a_blink2.gif

JONATHAN S. re: re-use of transmission/rear end gaskets on a 100. I would for sure use some sort of gasket sealer on the old gaskets, Permatex Aviation Form-a-Gasket, or #2 gasket sealer. I've had great luck with Hylomar Universal BLUE sealant.

I would NOT re-use any oil seals, in fact, if you haven't removed them, I'd replace them anyhow! The one at the outer end of each axle carrier, and the driveshaft input to the reduction housing.

Mike,

I don't think your 450 was used on a super at all. In your picture showing the left side, the bracket, per the manual, should be cut off for use on a super. I think it hits the front tire, but not sure. I also do not see the extension brackets.

Below are some pictures of my 782 with my 450. My 982 wheel can be seen in the picture.

Don T helped me a few years ago with the lift link. I extended my link by purchasing a stud and a coupling nut to get extra lift and keep it from going below center. After a few years, I can tell the lift link is hard on the tractor lift. You will need to purchase the bracket that bolts to the lift arm of the tractor to connect the lift link rod from Charlie or Aaron. The supers are different and have a bracket hanging down for a direct bolt up.

Brian,

The 450 is a lot more blower than the QA42A/B. I used a QA on my 782 for quite a few years, I ruined a lot of belts. I think I got 2 seasons out of one belt once. I also tried the QA42 on my 1650 after changing the belt/pulley back over. I think there is just too much Hp for those single belts. Want to try the QA on my 128 sometime. I have a 20Hp Honda in my 782 and it handles great and has plenty of power. I don't think the 17 Hp will be a problem. The 782 is a hydro and if it's too hard you slow up!
happy.gif

291501.jpg

291502.jpg

291503.jpg

Jim S.
Dunno about any other off topic super machine but the 450 was an option with a 1572 and a 2072 and probably the rest as well.

A brand new KT17 would do well with a 450, but add 30 years to it and I still say it will work it really hard.

Course up here where we have real snow that wet and heavy 90% of the time, it works everything hard, LOL

Latest posts

Back