Archive through October 24, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

The coil was replaced about 6 months ago but I'll check the spark along with the fuel cap.

-Don

Don-
A couple things to check for...

When the tractor slows and dies, crack the fuel cap and see if it will run then. You may have a plugged vent on the cap.

Or...

After it dies, pull the spark plug, roll the engine over and see if you've got spark. I've had a coil that would "lose" it's spark when it warmed up. (A bad condensor "could" do the same thing)

It could be a sticky valve, but you want to make sure you've got fuel and spark when it happens.

PostBy Don Johnston (Djohnston) on Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 09:56 am:

The K301 engine in my 125 starts fine and runs for about 1-2 minutes. Then it slowly slows and dies. Won't start again until it's cold.

I replaced the piston and rings about 2 years ago and it's run fine since. I'm going to try some MMO in the fuel. If that doesn't work, I'm hoping a carb rebuild will fix it.

If that doesn't do I'm guessing a valve problem?

Don-
Yes, it certainly could be a sticky valve, but dont assume "new coil = good coil". Even a new coil can fail....

Just something to think about.

to any one that has a 582 grear drive standard
how is the clutch pack assembled in what order i got started puting mine back tougher and can't rember how it goes .

Sort of before and after pictures of the 104 I picked up about 3 weeks ago:

Before:
215295.jpg

215296.jpg

215297.jpg

After a bath and with the 107 fender deck temporarily placed on it:
215298.jpg

215299.jpg

215300.jpg

I got the steering column replaced and got it running - runs good. Things it will still need, wheel bearings in the left front wheel, spindles greased and/or replaced, right rear axle seal replaced, seat reupholstered, hooded sanded down and painted, grille needs de-rusted, transmission needs drained and refilled.

ART - I thought the time stamp on posts was an hour ahead of us? Oh Well.

I agree, a variety of sizes of loaders is good also if you have more than one.

DON J. - Art's correct, if you used a Kohler coil they normally last a long time. I went thru a spell yrs ago where I'd use the "Will Fit" generic coils from my local farm & fleet store and they didn't last NEAR as long. They have the wrong internal resistance and fail quickly.

Kraig, I have seen pictures of your 125 with a windbreaker on it. I have a piece of metal with part #K345 on the left inside, but it hits steering wheel. Do you know where it is supposed to be. Thanks Mel

Melody, is the windbreaker cab that you have for the 1x4/5 or is the one for a 1x6/7? There is a difference in the brackets. Here's some photos of the dash area of the cab I have.

215307.jpg

215308.jpg

Kraig, I was told it came off a 123, but it fits good on the 125. I think its the piece that hooks to the tractor in front of dash on left.

Melody, any chance you could post a photo or 2 of the part and where it is hitting the steering wheel? Or if you can't get photos to post you could email them to me. Email address is in my profile.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

I see you windshield has turned and now is not clear.Is that Plexiglas and easy to get a replacement? I would love to have a wind breaker for my 1512 now that I will have the 450 blower on it this winter. I`am thinking that a Ql wind breaker will most likely fit and work for me. If you know what will fit please let me know. Thanks Don T
old.gif

Latest posts

Back