• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic of new 149. Needs better wheel weights.
179900.jpg

Hey guys. I'm wondering if I could get some ideas on where my spark went? On my 149, it'll turn over, has gas, but no spark. I checked all the wires for continuity and everything is fine. I changed the points, the condenser and the coil and nothing. Does the voltage regulator have anything to do with spark? I could try changing that too. The ignition switch is fine and I also tested the coil. All my grounding is good, I checked all that too. After all that diagnosis, there is still no spark at the plug. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -Brian.

spraying the tractor can come out very nice at first but as mentioned it doesn't hold up under abuse. i sprayed my 100 and honestly kinda wish i had spent the extra to do it right. for the majority its still looking good about 1 1/2 years later but can scratch easily. also on the studding/chain/weight issue i've been running 25 pounds on each wheel plus a bucket with a decent log chain, two sets of cub tire chains, and an old cub starter (my geuss for weight is avout 75-85 pounds for the bucket) plus my 140 pounds and have gone through lots of snow with out a problem with the 8.5 turf tire and chains. in fact i almost got through a drift as tall as the mower itself. otherwise i was just wondering if anyone has found a good alternative for the fiber pto clutch wear buttons. i have broken 4 of them now when pulling out my deck belt and don't really want to take of the whole grill or grind into it to make extra room.

I nned a top for my IH windbreaker cab. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to make it out of and how I could make it?

Kraig M, I could use that CC 104 hood in the back
whistling.gif

I see that poor 1X7 has to sit outside... lol

On the weight and chains issue- I put chains and all the weight I can on the snowblower tractor. Plowtractor get chains and a fair amount of weight but not too much. probably 100lbs + another 130lbs(me)and i did fine last winter.

I bought some sparay can graphite for the plow and blowerand put it on today. It was pretty easy. I putt two coats on each. We will see how that holds up.

After seeing the oil bath air cleaner that Don DuLac's father put on his (wife's) 70 I started looking to see if I could put one on a K241. I can't find that sort of thing written. So, will a #26 Kohler carb accept an oil bath air cleaner? My first guess is no, but I need better than my unknowing guess. Thanks in advance.

Michael Jonathan Robilotta
( otherwise i was just wondering if anyone has found a good alternative for the fiber pto clutch wear buttons. i have broken 4 of them now when pulling out my deck belt and don't really want to take of the whole grill or grind into it to make extra room)

Just a thought, I always disconnect the PTO Rod and move it (the button) away for the pto to remove my belts on my 129 and 149. Works for me , But I like the brake style the best.Got three years and its still in great shape. Later Don T

I do have a set of weights or two to install on the 129 in the am, a set of plastic coated and two
IH weights and a amo box full of lead weights and me. so its like this 55 lbs plastic covered and two Ih 50 lbs amo box 150 plus and my 230 . The ags are weighted. Do you guys think I have enuf ??
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Richard P
Yes and No. It will not accept one from a 7 hp Cub Cadet Original engine as is, but there were oil bath air cleaners installed on some 10 hp Kohler engines, but not the ones used in a Cub Cadet.

Richard P
I would ask if you looked up the gasket for the Carb to see if they have the same IH number. I know 12K take a #26 carb and a 149 uses a # 30 carb and they both take the same gasket. Just a thought.
Shift.gif

I don't have a lot of experience painting with a gun, but I can tell you that I will never paint anything but extremely small projects with a rattle can ever again. It'll take a lot of rattle cans to get a decent amount of paint on (the 100 I restored had almost 2 quarts of yellow on it) and the finish is not as shiny or durable.

Latest posts

Back