• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Jim D - Thanks.

Keith L - I'm replacing the carb and only have the one linkage.

Thanks, Charlie.

Well i have to add that picture of the 100 again. I don`t see half the pictures here and have to go to my shop and view them there, So here it is .. later Don T
179829.jpg

It now has triribs

Scott....Lookin good
thumbsup.gif

I put the cab on the 1450 yesterday, that hoist that gets me the
bottom.gif
makes that an easy job. I started to finish it up today then had to go play with a 7600, oh I love the turbo whistle...it's like the sweet voice of...ahh..never mind. Will finish the cab tonight if I feel up to it. Of course I didn't get the paint finished, I said it would be painted before winter but didn't say this winter...
lol.gif

Kraig, I have been debating on a lean-to as well. The missus doesnt know whats going on in my head till I do it!! I figured it would be a good idea if I'm going to restore my 123. She wont, however let me have, and I quote "tractor parts all over the yard because I dont want to look like a bunch of rednecks"! My father told me I could'nt "hide" them up behind his house either! I mean that's 200 acres of useable space for donor cubs!! I will snap a pic of that front wheel tomorrow afternoon and post it for you so you can get a look-see at it, it's not as bad as the pic you put up!

Don T please! maybe you can set the reccord for most cubs represented! i think you know the drill with the pic formats thanks!

Kraig-
If you come across anymore of those rulers, let me know. I have a place here to keep one so it's not in your way.
beerchug.gif

Kendell:
Thanks again for the comments. I have not used a timing light yet as I could not find a mark on the flywheel. I am going to try the rubbing a screwdriver as I turn the engine to see if I can find it that way. I did look at Kirks web sight,and he does have a good explanation of both systems. His websight does not have a way to contact him. No e-mail or tel number. Does some one have a way to contact him? I am interested in one of his systems. I am not yet sure which one. The total electronic is a little expensive but it sure sounds like the way to go. I thought I would ask him about the advantages of both.
Earl LaMott

Greg-

If it's the kind that has the clip on it, you can easily pop the ball out of the socket with a screwdriver. Much easier than flinging that microscopic e-clip across the garage...
lol.gif

My Father was so excited for me to see the work he had completed during the refurb of the 70 I gave my Mother. He had my little sis stop by the house and take about 30 pics. Here are some of the best. Although I can't say I wouldn't have done some things differently, the finished product has lots of charm and is very tough-looking.

First, a reminder of of what it looked like when I left it with them 10 years ago...
179832.jpg

The finished product. He changed the air filter to an oil-bath and added a toolbox to the fender.
179833.jpg

Here is a close-up of his fix for the pedistal which had rusted badly enough at the bottom that the entire thing flopped forward and back.
179834.jpg

A few close-ups of the new tool/hitch-pin box.
179835.jpg

179836.jpg

Here is a close-up of the rear. He said he had to replace the hose-clamps I had originally used to clamp the fenders to the axles with something stronger. You can also see one of the reasons why my Mother prefers using this tractor over the many others they have around the farm. I built the hitch to have both the 2" ball AND the standard hole for trailer moving.
179837.jpg

Finally, the front left and front right views. Dad didn't replace any decals, just masked them, but I think he did a great job. It should keep it going for another 10 years easily.
179838.jpg

179839.jpg

Does anyone know if you can turn a hydro pump either way? I have heard that it doesn't matter which way the pump turns. Is that true?

Don Dulac

I am sure your father is so proud, cherish the moment, once they are gone you can't.

Matt Stetar I will send you the pictures of my 100 next week. I think its 5 Cubs deep in my 10x20 storage shed. I will get it out then and send you 4 pictures then. Well i`am off to my garage to see if my 129 will start and charge. I have a package coming for Frank C and Charlie that I need to finish the 129. The threads on the sg bracket is stripped and I need a gasket to go between the breather and Carb. But I would like to hear it run, its been awile .lol later Don T

Don:
I'd say, knowing it's a Cub, that it's good for another 40 years ! Great work by your dad...hope you get to spend time with him and the Cub soon....

Don D., neat story on the 70. Your dad should be proud.
thumbsup.gif

David R., not 100% certain but I believe that there are CW and CCW versions of the 15U hydro. Perhaps Marlin will pop in and answer for sure.
dunno.gif

Don DuLac,
Your dad did good! Personally I love that he put on the oil bath air cleaner.
thumbsup_old.gif

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to know if anyone has found any studded tires for the rears of these cubs?

I am looking for a 23 x 8.5 x 12 studded tire that I can also throw chains on to maximize my traction this winter.

The current plan is to use tubes and fill them with anti-freeze or methanol (washer fluid) and also use about 200lbs of weight on the rear. Last year I couldn’t climb my hills in the snow and this year I want to be able to blow snow without towing the tractor with my truck…

Thanks,
Mark

Mark, chains and weights should be enough. However, I believe there are tires out there that were designed to be studded. Here's some that I have, note the holes.

179862.jpg

179863.jpg

Mark...I don't see an increase in traction enough to merit studding chained tires. I have seen some tires, and even have a couple around here somewhere, that have holes in them already that will accept studs. A garage I worked at had the gun for studding I used a lot. Now if ya want to use studs from a snowmobile.......
happy.gif

edit: Kraig types and digs out pics faster than I can type
lol.gif

Well guys she rolls over and no spark
bash.gif
. I know its the safetty switch on the brake petal. Just how do I Fix it so the switch don`t work???? HELP I only have a double wire into one plug to go onto the switch and no other wire in site for the other side of the plug. Thanks Don T

I'll pass along everyone's compliments to my Father. I like the oil-bath air cleaner also. Kendell, it will surely last another 40 years, but will probably need another bout of refurbishing in 10 with the abuse it takes daily.

Latest posts

Back