Archive through October 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EARL - A Points Saver won't help Your kick-back issue, it still uses the points to signal the module. However, it's still a worth while improvement, the points only break a small fraction of the current so they last forever.

Like Kendell said, a small adjustment to your timing via the points gap should solve the problem. My old 129 did the same thing after I rebuilt the engine and it finally got some compression!

Kraig:
Do we win a ribbon, or donuts??? Is there a first, second and third place ???
clappy.gif

Earl :
David Kirk has a good explanation of his product on his website. It provides many benefits, but the points are still the trigger. With the Pointsaver, you'll still adjust the ignition timing with point gap, but you won't have the problem of decreased dwell angle that you have just running off the points. Have you used a timing light and checked the actual ignition firing point against the timing mark on the flywheel?? BTW - if this is primarily a cold weather issue, get a small magnetic block heater and put it on the back plate of the hydro. Makes a world of difference when the Hytran is warm!!! I've had my 129 since '85 and this is the best solution to cold weather starting that I've found - other than bagging it totally and going to Florida for the winter and leaving the problem with the neighbor to deal with....

Dennis - beat me to it - had to stop and fix the %$#@&* wireless extender connection to the work shop - just used the Blue machine and apparently the wireless doesn't like stick any more than TIG..
bash.gif

well vincent... you got almost everything, and got one incorrect answer, the deck is a 42" and under the bench if you look closely you can see the end of a 100 trani, and under those tools on the floor theres a foot rest.... but ill still give you the prize... your most original or restored cub can be featured as one of the "identification" cubs on my website, most models are available, its really a win win for both of us!
beerchug.gif

you all can check out what ive done so far, the current address is www.exedown.us theres only a few models done, but if more people send me the pics i need it will get done faster

Kendell,
shhh.gif
I don't even know what all is in there...
blush.gif

If I ever do come up with an actual contest, I suppose I could use this as the prize:

179803.jpg

Not sure if I want to keep it or not, I just got it.

I noticed that my right front wheel looks to be "toed in" at the top. Is this common and is there any way of fixing it? I only ask because only two out of three ribs on the tire are contacting the ground. I was thinking it would wear the tire badly.

Kraig, and I thought I needed more room in my shed!
lol.gif

Scott, there should be noticeable camber and slight toe in of the front wheels. However, it should NOT have this much camber.
icon_eek.gif

179809.jpg

Scott, my shed doesn't always look THAT cluttered. This was taken later in 2008 after I had the Original finished up.

179814.jpg

The shed also has a lean-to that has even more Cub Cadet stuff.

179815.jpg

And then there's the main parts Cubs pile, with more parts outside in another pile and even more parts in the attached garage.

179816.jpg

And to think I'm just a rookie when it comes to collecting Cub Cadets and parts.
blush.gif

Hey guys ,I am having some electrical problems on my cub . If anyone who knows a little about that stuff could please check out my thread in the ccc section. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks joe

Matt Stetar I could send you a few shot of my 100

board-post.pl

well i found my hydro handle and got it installed on my 129 and the gas tank is now in place and in the am I will install the battery. I do hope it runs but I know I don`t think it will.

Latest posts

Back