• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through October 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can not get the battery to charge on my 123. I have put on a good starter generator. My next step is voltage regulator. What is the proper wire lay out from the top to bottom? My 123 is 3 hours away and my dad is doing the work I have a yellow, light blue and a gray wire. Thanks Lee

Gary, IF you have the correct style regulator that was in the 123 it should be as per the manual. HOWEVER, it's entirely possible that you have a replacement regulator with different connections, if that's the case, see the diagram that Roland created.

179776.jpg

179777.jpg

179778.jpg

Carb question on my 147 (#30 carb): This seems like it should be obvious, but I want to be certain, and the service manual doesn't specify...

Is there a "correct" and/or "incorrect" method to get the throttle-governor linkage arm on and off the little "ball joint"? I don't want to force it unless that's the only way to do it. If so, will it stay on again after being removed?

Luther H. That seat on your 169 is the same one that I have on my 123. PO put in on there and I have wondered what it came off of. At least its not a plastic elementary school chair like the one that came on my 100
icon_eek.gif

Greg,
Like on this carb?

179781.jpg

Sorry, can't help you. I would imagine it should just pop off. Why do you want to remove it? If you just want to remove the carb from the governer linkage just remove the E clip fromt the other end of the rod at the governer arm and leave it attached to the carb.

Michael, I have that same seat as well, I had it on my #1 125 for a few years. It's now on my Allis Chalmers 620. I bought it at Northern Tool back in the early 1990's.

Here's a photo of it on my #1 125, photo circa 1994.

179783.jpg

Here it is on my AC 620 Photo taken 2008.

179784.jpg

Greg:

On the carb linkage slide the retainer further onto the control rod and the ball will be freed to pop off by lifting the control rod up. You can see similar linkages on the gas cylinders that prop up the rear windows on pickup truck caps, Blazers Explorers etc. You can simply put a screwdriver blade against the clip and tap it forward, it is easy once you did one.

josh ott... i see your game, you wanna play i spy cub stuff, ill post this pic and see if anyone gets everything in the pic
179787.jpg

good luck to all!
thumbsup.gif

P.S. if someone does get them all, i really do have a prize for them!

Hi Gang,
Been a while since I have posted, between tractor pulling, vactions, and finding more Cubs. I finally need some help and information and or drawings, pictures et etc. on a cab I am installing on my model 86. It is a SIMS all weather cab and it is almost complete and in great shape, but I think it maybe missing a few small items. Ok here is what I have , Roof, all of the posts, rear canvas with window, rt canvas w/window, left canvas which is the door and window. Along the bottom of both sides are snaps but nothing to snap them to. The rear Canvas is longer than the cab frame and I have it folded under the seat (for now) I have not installed the left canvas/door yet so not sure if I am missing any thing there yet. I have the front canvas that goes pver the dash/hood and has pockets for the lever as well as the pocket for the clutch/brake. but nothing to snap the bottom to either. So does anyone have any pictures of one of these installed? instruction book? any info at all??

I have pictures but I am having a hard time resizing them for use on here.I can email any pictures you may need. Please send ony info to either here or to my email at [email protected]

Thank you for any help you guys may have!!
Rod

Here's what I found doing a quick search - 125, 38" deck, plow, mule drive, gas tank, 125 hood, plus 2 more hoods, 12hp motor, 71 seat frame support, 71 seat, 125 lift handle, right fender under the bench?

Vince-
You forgot the two Flexible-Flyer sleds hanging on the wall, and the baby-crib under the work-bench..
happy.gif

This should start something...

I don't see a plow, but I do see a front blade there on the floor on the left.

Kendell:
I agree with your comment on kickback regarding the timing, but there are limitations on the setting the timing and that is why I was considering purchasing a PointSaver or a PointSlayer. I was hoping that they would allow a little more adjustment on the timing. Regarding the ACR. I know it is not releasing too soon by the sound. I think that it may be releasing a lot later than it should.
Again the same question. Does the PointSaver or PointSlayer help any and is one better than the other.
Thanks for any comments

Rod, here's two examples narrow frame and wide frame versions. Feel free to email your photos to me for resizing and posting.

179793.jpg

179794.jpg

Okay as promised I got some better pics today, also got it to run about what it ought to be running like. It's a little hard to tell because it is so much quieter that my other 2!
Here is what it started out looking like,
179796.jpg

And here is what it looks like today.
179797.jpg

179798.jpg

179799.jpg

When you finish finding all the Cub Cadet parts in Matt's photo, feel free to start on this one of my shed from 2008 when I was working on the Original. Extra credit if you can guess at what might be hiding in the work bench and in the rafters...

179801.jpg

Latest posts

Back