• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

GT 1554

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkauzlarich

displayname
Dave Kauzlarich
I really like this tractor, except for the hood. I've been its owner since 2007 and it really is a mowing maniac, that handles 3 acres for me without breaking a sweat, except for the following. After about a month or two of ownership, the following faults surfaced. First, the hood lift cylinders failed to hold the hood up. Second, the Cruise Control and the Parking brake both failed. After about a year (I had never driven it in the dark) I tried the headlights and one was burned out. I repaired it and it burned out again in one day. Accessing the engine bay is a real head knocker with the hood opening from front to back. Has anyone tried making it open from back to front?

Dave, no pic,no mod?So hard to judge.but if it is like a lift cyl. on vehicle back gate they are available at most auto parts..Mine don't stay up when it's cold but do fine when warm...Replace them every couple yrs..

I really like this tractor, except for the hood. I've been its owner since 2007 and it really is a mowing maniac, that handles 3 acres for me without breaking a sweat, except for the following. After about a month or two of ownership, the following faults surfaced. First, the hood lift cylinders failed to hold the hood up. Second, the Cruise Control and the Parking brake both failed. After about a year (I had never driven it in the dark) I tried the headlights and one was burned out. I repaired it and it burned out again in one day. Accessing the engine bay is a real head knocker with the hood opening from front to back. Has anyone tried making it open from back to front?

Ok, these were built '06-'08. Mine is a '67 CC102, has a straight hood, more tractor-like in my opinion and what I looked for in a tractor. Hood opens back-front. Others on this list will respond to cruise brake failure. For the lights, look for mouse damage where bare wires touch.
Lotsa luck, Jack

Dave, no pic,no mod?So hard to judge.but if it is like a lift cyl. on vehicle back gate they are available at most auto parts..Mine don't stay up when it's cold but do fine when warm...Replace them every couple yrs..
When the factory hood lift supports failed, I called the factory. They said, "oh yeah, they do that" and quickly sent me 2 new ones. Those have since failed also, so I just use a stick. If the darn hood was built to open back to front, there would not be any problems.

Latest posts

Back