• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kraig, I sent a picture to your e-mail as I don't know how to send one here about adding fluid to the hyro on a 1250. Ron

Donald T.;
Charlie ALWAYS ships parts quickly!(How is that for kissin' up to the BOSS?)
Bobby B.
whistling.gif
!

bobby l. bowman

(Charlie ALWAYS ships parts quickly!(How is that for kissin' up to the BOSS?)

Well all my parts will be here soon as the boss can get them in a box. I have been putting this off for to long and now I should have my parts by the time I get the 450 snow blower painted.

thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie,

Did you ever post any video of the unicorn log splitter in action?

Don & Bobby,
I'm fixin to put my hip waders on! It's gettin deep in here!
clappy.gif

Tom S.
I had good intentions of playing with it this last weekend, but the loader had me sidetracked.
But I'll get on it this week. I've got to get wood inside before the rains or snow set in. LOL

STEVE S. - Dave R knows what he's doing around CC's & equip. If he was inside the rearend it's assembled right. And the pucks & piston were good or they were replaced. I saw Dave's post but didn't quite understand he had worked on it.

I really don't consider the brake pucks a problem. You see more posts around here that tractors sat outside and rusted up and the clutch/brake pedal doesn't work than you EVER see where the pucks wear out. The way the brake is designed, even if the pucks crack or break they still work.

KRAIG - I'm REALLY glad IH didn't use that style hour meter for very long. The rolling dial style like old mechanical odometers in cars/trucks in the tach's were SO much easier to read at a glance, I guess I never realized the red hand pointing to the red areas meant maintenance is req'd. so only two hands recorded the operating hours.

Do all Kohler 301 engines have balance gears, if not is there a better way to tell than remove the engine oil pan such as serial number ???

Ron, the easiest way to tell, is if the engine has the top mounted dip stick it does not have balance gears.

Ron, here's a photo that shows the location of the top mounted dip stick. If the K301 in question has the dip stick in this location then it does not have balance gears. If it has just a fill tube and no actual dipstick in this location and the dip stick is on the opposite side of the engine right near the points cover, then it very likely has balance gears. Hope this makes sense.
dizzy.gif

215084.jpg

BTW, the photo was taken by Jim Steele of his restored 122 back in 2002.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"
Now you went and done it
Shotgun.gif
clappy.gif

Kraig must have eaten some of his beautiful GARLIC and run everybody off!!

No Cub time for me for the last week due to Honeydoo's etc. but I look forward to getting back to the 149 refurb. tomorrow or Thurs. While running to various big box stores I did pick up the plumbing/parts and pieces for my shop's compressed air system. Looking forward to having drops at convenient locations. And of course I'm looking for a bigger compressor!!!!

RICHARD - I don't know what to tell you about "Bigger Compressors".

I guess if you don't have to run 440 3-phase into your house you might want to look at bigger compressors.

Machine shop I worked at many yrs ago replaced a 2-stage piston compressor with a rotary screw compressor. They don't make the PSI a 2-stage does, but Ohhh are they quiet and smooth.

SON's been threating me with putting in "Central Air" in my shop for years. I guess that's what you call all those rubber hoses laying around on the floor! ;-) I was going to do ridgid copper and sweat all the joints. About once a year the topic comes up on the RPM forum and somebody ALWAYS recommends PVC plumbing tube. They do now make plastic compressed air tubing & fittings, but it's about the same price as copper. We have looked at the garage-pak plumbing systems in the Eastwood catalog but I want bigger tubing.

Dennis -- Agreed. I tend to think my brake problem is probably a minor one, possibly a bind caused, in part, by fresh paint. I was hoping to free it up myself when I first posted. No luck with that, so I'll let my IH mechanic figure it out...

My dad found this for me the other day:

215099.jpg

Between this, new rear tires for my 1872, and the Atlas lathe he found over the weekend, my winter break is going to feel very short!
happy.gif

Dennis, thanks for the kind words but you'd be surprised the things I've messed up. I do what I can.
I think Steve has some paint issues. The tractor isn't close, I bought a house about a month ago and started a new job today. I know theres still 24 houra in a day but it don't seem like it.

Matt,
Your dad did good on that Brinly box blade. I have an Agri-Fab, which is okay, but I think the Brinly is better made. I used my box blade Saturday to fill in and smooth and level a trench we dug for a water line. Even with just turfs and no weight, it did pretty good, especially the leveling and smoothing part.

Matt; Good find on the blade. I used mine one time and it done a good job. I had to drill and insert a pin on the left end of the ripper tooth bar to keep it from dropping out of the notch it sits in. When making a turn it would hang on a root ect and drop out.

DAVE R. - Yep, fresh paint does tend to gum things up for a short time, Think we've got several issues going on here at the forum that's been caused by new paint.

Any time you try to fix anything you have the possibility to screw something else up. We've all done that a time or two. I remember reading an engine build-up article, think it was in Hot-Rod years ago, small block Chevy was built. The engine lasted less than a minute on it's maiden run on the dyno. SOMEHOW, a shop rag left in the lifter valley when the intake was installed ended up INSIDE a cylinder. I'm kinda surprised they admitted their mistake, they had NO idea how that rag got into the cylinder and I've never been able to figure it out either. I wonder if they meant it was INSIDE a runner and not UNDER the runners? ;-)

MATT - That box blade looks brand new!

Back