• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rberg

displayname
Ronald Berg
I checked the FAQ but could not find an answer to how do I check and or add fluid to the hydro pump on a 1250

Ron, you add it through the level plug in the back cover plate. Yes it is not the easiest way to add it but that's how it's done. I use a long flexible spout funnel and SLOWLY add and check, add and check...

From the 800-1650 Operator's Manual:

215008.jpg

215009.jpg

"I just know that the poor little Cadet 60 is gonna end up painted pink with flower decals all over it..."

I'm guessing Kraig was one of those kids who leaned over the top of the minnow bucket and felt sorry for those "poor little minnows" every time he went fishing
touched.gif

Who cares???? It's just a Cadet 60. Besides, when she grows up and moves onto "bigger and better things", I'll just quietly use some Federal Yellow to fog-over all of that nasty pink paint. It's cerainly easier repainting the fiberglass tub on this thing than it would be repainting all of the bits on a Garden Tractor.
err.gif

<font size="-2">But with THAT thought in mind I'd rather have her not grow up at all, and leave it PINK forever!</font>
icon_eek.gif

Hey, check out the NOTE at the end of the Lubrication Guide that Kraig posted. That's new to me, and I'm old!

Art, I never really got into fishing as a kid. BTW, we used to raise "golden shiners" in the "pond" at the farm for a guy that sold them for bait. Had an aerator setup in it to keep it from freezing in the winter and to keep the Oxygen level up. I never had a problem with those minnows going for bait. The pond is mostly gone now, too many willow trees grew up around it and they drink up any water that collects in it. Oh, and had I really been concerned about it being pink, that Cadet 60 would have stayed in the garage at the farm.
whistling.gif

Kraig I think you forgot, add and check, add and check, THEN CLEAN UP WHAT YOU SPILLED.

Frank, I almost cropped that off of that but at the last moment decided to leave it. Oh, you might like this:

215011.jpg

Richard, LOL, yeah that last step is likely to be needed as well. It's been a while since I've had to add any, or more correctly stated, it's been a while since I've checked to see if I need to add any...
blush.gif
Perhaps I need to get me one of those Maintenance Minders for each of my Cubs.
1a_scratchhead.gif

because i my post yanked i will repost this image found on the local C/L with no connection to the sale or any info about the sale

this should be how not to sell a tractor
215014.jpg

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

My new Cub storage building is now finished for this winter and I need to get some parts for this asap. I do hope you can get all the parts I need. This thing needs a lot of work to get it back in good shape.
215017.jpg

Although not a cub cadet I looking for advice on repair of a sundstrand model 15 u style trans. the trans will work fine but I must prime the charge pump each time I go to use it. I have replaced the charge pump shaft seal, o ring, checked the hoses to and from the filter and the filter and cannot find any source of leak or air. Any ideas what I should do ?
thanks'
Dennis

Gee, Don T. You've had that snowBLOWER all summer. Whatcha been doing? (It spit a little snow here today).

Art,
I'm told you want to sit down before you ask the price of Pink paint............

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)

I have been a busy boy lol. You can keep the white stuff over there , I`am not ready to blow snow just yet.The new Cub shed was using all my time up on it. Now I can get back to Cubs from now on.I did build a shelf and stain the door today. I have to call Charlie tonight and see IF he can ship me parts fast lol. I will sand blast in the am if the weather holds out.
old.gif

Dennis -- Dave R did replace the O rings on my 100 last winter, but I didn't realize these were related to the brake until just now. Are bad brake pucks a common problem on older cubs? I'm guessing not, but I suppose anything is possible.

Back