• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith Ostendorf

Two many people and not many places to hunt . Here Deer season opens for 16 and under bow for two weeks and then young hunters and long rifle then it`s all allowed. But with handy capped parking placard you can get (bag) a deer sitting in the drivers seat. That runs full season.I wish we had plow days so I could have some fun.

Paul - couple Terry Bs on here but I'm really anxious to check out the article. I have four lifts (couple missing a bracket or two) and in the process of rebuilding them now. I just picked all the O rings, etc. today so timing couldn't be better. I've had trouble finding a cylinder for one but checking with a machine shop tomorrow about making a couple. They actually seem pretty simple but we'll see how they turn out. Thanks for the heads up even if I'm not the Terry you posted for.

I wanted to post a short video, but the size exceeded 100 kb. Can someone tell me if the arcing of the points is normal on a K241 (147 CC)?

Sorry about the error on the last post. The engine is a K321. The arcing is constant with the engine running.

Brian sounds to me like you have your points gapped wrong. This would mean the timeing is wrong. or they are dirty or oil on them. Also you could have the wrong coil. Does the coil have a internal resistor? What voltage do you have from - side of coil to ground when cranking engine?

Need some advice on a part...I have an input shaft for a three speed transaxle that is bent slightly (probably due to excessive pounding by a PO) and unfortunately not usable. Wondering if it's junk or if it can be salvaged by someone with the right equipment?

263863.jpg

Donald T.
263868.png

And to keep things on topic... Barney (147)

263869.jpg

Off to work so everyone have a wonderful day.
happy.gif

In hindsight, my previous post could (or should?) have been in the Machine Shop...

DON T. - I picked up 3-4 grocery bags of apples that fell from our apple tree and took to a co-worker 15 yrs ago for luring deer to his favorite hunting spot.. Not sure which would make tastier venison... carrots or apples.. Guess it depends on if you like ice cream with your venison. Just kidding because I had two pieces of apple pie & ice cream for supper last night.

STEVE S. - Your input shaft can be straightened. A pair of "V" blocks on a hyd press, and a dial indicator are all the tools needed, plus some shims to space one of the V blocks up because of the different diameters. I think IH "carburized" those input shafts, hard on the outside for wear resistance and soft on the inside for shock absorption, Hopefully it's not too bent. Bending then straightening too much would not be good for the hard outer surface, but if there's no cracks, it should be able to be bent back straight. The sponsors and other sources have good parts available.

Brian and others, capacitors (condensers) are often used to help prevent arcing at contact points. Is it also p[ossible a new condenser would help Brians problem?

Back