• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drglinski

displayname
Daniel Glinski
IHC nomenclature aside; you can plow with a blade. This is the blade I plow snow with is what I say.

Denny,
I can confirm that a Cub Cadet transaxle will bolt into an 1100 without any drilling. The frame is punched already so it's 'plug-n-play' without the headaches.

Don T. tells me I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Today I agree with him! When I saw the 102 I saw a plow, Brinly hitch, and a "cute little harrow" that I wanted, and PARTS. The plow, "harrow" and hitch were to go on J-O and go to OxBow to play in some sandy soil. Tom, J-O has a spring assist.
It dawned on me on the way home today that I have a PERFECTLY GOOD 149 to hook this stuff up to:

263809.jpg

My "cute little harrow" might be officially a IH tool bar? One of the teeth has what I read as IH 617981 R1 on it. The discs are Syracuse Chilled Plow Co. antiques.
happy.gif

263810.jpg

A weight box was with it, too, evidently factory for the 102 because it hooks to the bolts that hold the seat support: (The hitch pin has to be removed).

263811.jpg

Also came with a IH 42" spring trip front snow/gravel blade.

See I'd already upgraded J-O's seat? One of these here (probably the 169) will also get a steering box upgrade (thank you, Charlie).
happy.gif

Gerry - I think Jeff broke it with his snow plow. But then ole Frank came along with the tool box on his 149 to fix it again.

JIM D. Thanks for the thumbs up on the IH rearend into a 1100 frame. IH did a lot of good work to keep common parts between all the models.

FRANK C. While the weight box was a "factory" attachment, your's looks to be modified by a prior owner. The original design bolted to the rearend cover bolts and was mounted up tight to the rearend. Your's seems to be spaced back 6-8 inches. The original design didn't have those horizontal bars going up to the seat base bolts.

Have to be real careful with the word "factory".

782 Pre 720000 with an Hour meter.
Digging through the wiring mess on my 782 Serial #704xxx.
Looking at both the Pre 720000 schematic and post 720000 schematic. it appears I have an 'In betweener'
Some wire colors do agree with the Pre 720000 but then I have the reverse relay and hour meter of the Post 720000 models. with thse wire colors.
I'm leaning toward axing the original harness and making my own.. separate switches and individual fuses.

Tony H,

You might put an ad in the Classifieds section here on the Forum for a good used wiring harness for which ever Serial number range you need. Based on the info you shared, it sounds like your 782 has a Serial Number > 700000. IH Louisville built 82 Series have Serial Numbers ranging from 665001 to 700000. So your 782 was made after IH sold the line to MTD who set up Cub Cadet Corporation. CCC built and sold CC's through IH's dealer network up from ~May 1981 to 1985. They also made yellow & white CC's which were sold through CC dealers only. I know there were a number of changes implemented at 720000, primarily with the transmission changing to a new cast alumimun housing design as they finished using up all the IH made transmissions . That may be where they added the reverse safety switch as well. Hope that helps.

I have been extra busy at work and have not had any time to mess with the 169 plow-unit.

Frank note the lift handle, I am going to regret selling a lift assist about 4 years ago.

Which makes me say, Hey Tristian, are you still out there???

263824.jpg

IH final serial number for the 782 is
694248 anything after that is ccc/mtd

Lookin' good, Jeff! (Are you doing your daily one-arm pushups?).
Does your coulter have the little sideplay in it and how important is it? I finally got this one freed up. I've never run into as many rusted parts on one machine (the 102) - literally from the steering spindles through the choke and throttle cables to the adjustment handle on the plow!
Enjoy the plowday!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank I can't help you with plow information on a IH Cub Cadet, Heck asking me that is like asking me how to run OUR Country.

Jeff,

You will need to raise your rolling cutter a lot, until the top of the disk is beside the bottom edge of the frame. Make sure it is set to swing "to land" (left) and can never get closer to the moldboard than exactly parallel with the plow frame. You will also need to take a bunch of "point" out of the plow (more threads showing on the adjuster).

Looks like you are well on your way to plow day fun.

Typing this on my smart phone while sitting in IH 1700 S Series grain truck waiting for dad to top me off with one last hopper from the 1978 IH 1460 combine......red power farming!

Terry B., Fall(2013) issue of Cadet Connection has article on " Narrow Frame Hydraulic lift Part 1 " with color pics & original ad flyer. An Excellent article for rebuilding the unit by Tim DeLooza.

Thanks for putting that info in here Paul. I was getting ready to email Terry and tell him about the article. It's very informative for anyone with a nf hydraulic lift.

The latest issue of Harvester Highlights is out for IHCC members. To those forum members who get it, I hope you enjoy the Series 86 Tractor Introduction article I wrote. There is a brief mention of CC's in the article to keep this post on topic. Enjoy.

Ron,
You also received ballot for the directors. I know the guy I'm voting for. Check out the Bio's on them.

Great write up , Ron. I read your article last nite for my before bedtime story. Dreaming of Cub Cadets. PWR
Shift.gif

Frank C

I`am glade to know you are paying attention on or 2 hr talks on Cubs when I call. The 149 would be your best choice for a plow tractor. I has way more power than is needed. And no sore arm mussels after an afternoon of turning soil.You might end up with sore but and a smile . I`am busy selling Cull carrots to hunters. Took my Diesel truck 230 km and brought home 5 bins of carrots on the dump trailer and two bins on my truck.We get 15 x 50lb bags per bin.I`am the least $ at 6$ each or 4 for 20$ . Got home at 10.30 and sold 40 bags while people waited for us to bag them.Cub money $$$$ . I have been parking a few Cubs out side. Might sell a few ;I found it keeps the guys looking at Cubs and some hunting stories.

263845.jpg

Don,
I guess I'm new and haven't heard you tell any one what those hunters are doing with all those carrots. All we have here in Missouri is horses and rabbits that eat carrots.

Latest posts

Back