• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremiah C.
Run over to OCC and several other forum sites where you have to upload the pics to YOUR server/web space and then link to your post, then come back and tell us how you like it!

I post at some other forums, (a couple of gun and a guitar related forum, no other garden tractor forums.) I rarely post a photo on those forums because it's such a pain to have to upload the photos to a hosting website then link to it. I much prefer the file size limitations and direct posting here. Granted, as a moderator I no longer have a posting size limit but I still have to re-size so that the page doesn't go way wide. My camera takes photos that are 4608 pixels wide and I like to post a max of about 700 pixels and occasionally 800 pixels wide on the main forum. I will go a bit wider when posting to some of the threads in the Sandbox.
happy.gif
With VuePrint Pro it's easy to re-size...

Charlie, I don't recall personally posting a wide photo on the main forum.
1a_scratchhead.gif
Some of the threads in the Sandbox or other forum areas are a different story...
proud.gif

Example 1

Example 2 Please note the title of the thread in this link.
wink.gif

Yesterday I posted about frustration regarding a no-spark condition on a rebuilt K321AQS engine I transplanted into my 1650. Hooked up condenser to correct side of coil, Reset points gap with timing light, and adjusted Carb. WELL NOW I CAN SAY THAT YOU GUYS ON THIS FORUM GIVING ADVICE ARE GREAT! TRACTOR RUNS AWESOME AND JUST SOUNDS STOUT. ALL THAT IS LEFT TO DO IS TO PUT THE MUFFLER ON THE ENGINE AND THE REMAINING FRONT SHROUDING, FOLLOWED BY THE HOOD. THE REASON I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS TO MIMICK YELLING BECAUSE I'M DEAF FROM RUNNING THE THING AT WOT WITH NO MUFFLER!!! What an awesome sound those singles make.

Rob: Glad you got it going. Yes, the single cylinder Kohlers are awesome.

Charlie & Kraig: I was remarking upon the fact that even though I set the resolution to no more than 600H x 800W in VuePrint which yielded 130 KB, and even though I opened and saved it in Paint, I still couldn't get the 44C TagID shot to load at 785W x 482H at 92.7 KB. I re-sized in Paint at 95% to get it down to 84.5 KB but it wouldn't load; so I resized again in VuePrint to 750W, opened and saved it in Paint to get it down to 68 KB and it finally took it. From the information my applications were giving me, it should have taken the first time, without my having to re-size it four (4) more times. As I've stated before, personally I find it easier to shoot for a single metric --100 KB that can be independently verified and seems to be transferable between systems and applications.

However, since I'm not at all interested in running my own web site, and I don't know (or want to learn) how to use "Photobuckets," I guess I'll just grin and "bear" it.
animatedihbear.gif

smile.gif

Jeremiah, I remember those days, not fondly. I still think it is easier than having to upload it to one website then link to it.

J.C.: Why use Paint? Through Kraig's tootylydge (he dosn't get paid for tutoring), I get by quite well with Vueprint, resize, save as. So far using a 600 width has usually worked. What originally happened to me was that I didn't notice where save as is down on the lower left and what I saved snuck over to documents. Anyway....
happy.gif

Frank, if you open a jpg file in MS Paint then do "Save as" it will reduce the file size, even though no other changes were done. I discovered this by accident several years ago and have shared it as a tip here for getting the file size smaller.
wink.gif

David S - since that rubber grommet Part No. KH-47-313-01 shows as NLA I'd check directly with the sponsors in the little boxes above. They may have it in their "slow moving parts inventory" or they may have a used one available. I know I got one couple years back from Madson's Service. There isn't a whole lot to it. Basically the center hole allows the grommet to slide onto and fit snug on the spark plug and the remaining part of the rubber lays flat on the surface of the tin head cover.

Ryan Mc - I don't have specific details on the rarity of the 800 or for that matter the 86. What I do know is the Model 169 production was limited. It was not introduced until late in the 1x8/1x9 series, and then the entire series was replaced by the QL series, so there just wasn't time to produce all that many. I think the rarity of the 800 and 86 is more associated with sales limitations (which you might consider as being the demand for the model). Both the 800 and 86 look just like their counterpart models in their respective series until you open the hood to look for the engine.

Back