• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 14, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshultz

displayname
Shultzie
With all the tiller pics I just thought I'd post a pic for no good reason. This is a pic of last week.
buttrock.gif
The sun was almost set.
291002.jpg

HEY GUYS I APPRECIATE THE HELP JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM VINCE THOMELY HE SAID HE MIGHT HAVE THE PARTS FOR ME

Shultzie, nice setting and lighting.
thumbsup.gif

Adam, Vince is a good guy. Glad to hear he may be able to get you the missing Windbreaker bracket parts.
greenthumb.gif

Mr.Plow..Quote; Barking like your chasing down a Deere at plow day..Now that;s a funny quote...
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
roflol.gif

Marlin,
I did as you suggested, applied a good shot of PT blaster on the check valves (Charlie was right they can be assessed thru the inspection plate.) and worked them up and down while engine running. They didn't appear to be sticking at all, promply popped up when released. No improvement in performance. I have a couple of check valves from another hydro that I can change out to see if that helps but I'll have to pull the fenders. I may even have to break the tractor since there is not much clearance above the valves to the frame for removal. I appreciate your help.

The last 5 foot strip of grass for the year and I managed to clip one of the cedar trees.
I was done for the year!
I am going to remove the steering link but should I remove the arm or just heat it up and bend it with the big crescent wrench?
Now that I am looking at the photo I am not sure I can remove the link.
Fiddle Sticks. Maybe if I put it away like this the elves will fix it this winter.
291007.jpg

I would just heat and rebend with a wrench, But, I am a hillbilly by default

Jack B. Do you have access to the proper guages to be able to check your charge pressure of the charge pump? Go to Page 17 for a list of things to check.
happy.gif

Mick,

Kind-of sums it up nicely doesn't it?.........if the Kohler isn't "talking to ya", there's more left in it!!!!!!

Tom R--that is a bummer! I agree with Jeff, heat it up, bend it straight, and see how it goes. Worst case scenario, you end up sourcing and replacing a couple of parts down the road if these fail.

Shultzie--great pic of the tiller and tractor. Are you coming to PD IX? That 70 would look right at home there!

Marlin,
No I don't have access to guages like that nor do I know where to beg, borrow or steal any. Even if I did I don't know how I would power up the unit without some sort of test bench. Testing on the tractor would seem to be impossible on a narrow frame?

Got my hands on an old Sims cab today (1970's), but it's in pieces. Would like to try to put it on my 124. Anyone have any idea how to assemble it onto the tractor? It has a roof, windshield, two upright support posts and a plate that goes over the hood under the windshield. Has snaps on the sides which seem to indicate it was meant to have canvas sides. I can post pics if it will help. Maybe I'm missing some pieces? Maybe it's not even Cub compatible. Any help greatly appreciated.

Kraig-it looks like the second one, the one on the Quietline. Do you have any pictures from other angles? It looks like I'm missing the support posts that go down to the footrests, but am curious how it mounts in the rear. Thanks for the helpful pics.

I'm late to the party on this, but wanted to post these pictures for Shane.

Shane, I have a box blade very similar to the one you pictured. (Sorry for the off-topic tractor it's attached to.) Yours is actually the only other one I've seen like this.

As you can see, this one is labeled "Kubota". It's a 42" wide unit just like yours and is the PERFECT size for small compact-utility tractors. (I think it might be a bit much for a Cub Cadet once you lower that thing to the dirt.)

Anyway, here are the pics.

291020.jpg

291021.jpg

291022.jpg

291023.jpg

291024.jpg

Scott, I have the same problem with one like yours.

I have the roof, windshield and the 2 rear posts is all. It also has the snaps like there were fabric panels fastened to it.

I got it along with a 1250 that it was apparently mounted to judging from the holes, 6 of them, in each fender. I'll try and post up some pictures later today.

About as far as I got with it was to mount the rear uprights after repairing them. Was no good way to support the w/shield assly so I gave up on
it and mounted a Windbreaker on the 1459 instead for use w/the QA42A

GOOD MORNING,ALL!!!
happy.gif

Okay, Guys. This is where others need to step in and help Jack Baker out. Anyone have any ideas on how he can test the charge pump pressure, get the correct guages, etc. to get his 127 up and running. I know someone has to have experienced the same problems that he now has. Collectively we have THE BEST knowledge about Cub Cadets ever on this site so let's step up and share. TIA!!!
291027.gif

Off to work shortly so everyone... BE SAFE and have a wonderful day.

Cool pictures Art, that does look exactly the same as mine other than the color.

So far I've only moved some loose gravel with it. The 1450 did Ok, but the ag tires filled with washer fluid and 200lb of wheel weights helped I'm sure.

I'll have to take some more pictures when I can really give it a workout and let you know how the cub handles it.

Latest posts

Back