Archive through October 14, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melody Schutz

I built the loader from plans I got from PF Engineering on line.It is a good working loader and everything was great except the bracket for the 4 to 8 gal pump I got from Northern Tool. It was never aligned up and would chew up belts. I did get that problem solved and now the belt has lasted .I might some day move it to my Diesel.

Still has power during operation, and with the engine off but the ignition on I can tap the meter body and stop the movement inside it, doesnt tick like it should until I stop tapping on it. Even just a finger tap can stop it. Looks like the gears are jammed on the number face too...cheap garbage...shouldve known better.

Don T, That's what everyone has told me to get the plans from PF Enginering. There is a loader near by that my friend said I could modify to work on my tractor.

coffee.gif

*dink* *dink* *dink*
This thing on?

plan for today is to weld up the engine crane that broke when I tried to pull a bush stump out of momma's garden... ripped the cyinder mount right off the upright..
facepalm.gif

Advise please.

My new to me 782 will not hold a constant RPM at partial throttle. It will rev a lot!

Studying the linkage, I am not sure if it is correct. The following is with the engine NOT running.

At minimum throttle, the throttle lever is pushing the governor spring into the governor arm, which pushes the governor linkage to hold the throttle against the idle speed screw.

From 1/8 throttle to 1/2 throttle, the entire assembly is slack and the carburetor throttle arm is free to move. Sometimes to wide open throttle. Remember the engine is off and the governor is not spinning.

Above 1/2 throttle, the governor spring is in tension, and holding the carburetor throttle arm in the WOT position (without the pull from the governor).

Is this as it should be? TIA

231717.jpg

Ken-

I think the spring on the governor arm should be out one more hole. Look for oblong holes in both of the arms that the spring connects; the worn holes are likely the correct ones unless somebody messed it up a long time ago. Check the service manual, as it should also have that info in it.

Ken, I suspect you checked for clearance on the rubber hose and that it wount vibrate onto the linkage. Also, take a look at #22 ,not exactly the same as other Kohlers but the concept should be the same.

Thanks guys,

Matt, the fourth and fifth holes each have some wear. Placing it in the fifth did not change things at the low throttle settings.

Allen, the clamp on the governor arm has been overtightened and is completely closed. So the governor may be out of adjustment.

I've had this 109 for about 15 years but only done PM on til recently. Got it from my in laws when they got a White mower and the next year they asked if I wanted to trade. NO! I'll post more pics.

231730.jpg

I recently acquired a Cub 1000 that has no spark. It will spark one time as you let off of the ignition any help is appreciated. Thanks Brett

Brett-

I would remove the ignition switch and test it with your multimeter to make sure the proper terminals are being connected with the switch in each position. It sounds like the switch is not connecting the ignition terminal to the battery terminal with the switch in the start position. Grab a wiring diagram here to help troubleshoot the switch.

Brett A.,
Sounds like you have a switch problem. Use a test light at the coil. With someone cranking the engine see if you have power at the + side of the coil. Then do the same on the - side of the coil. If you have current on both sides of the coil pull sparkplug, ground it, and see if your getting spark. If no current at coil work backwards toward switch.

Brett-Check the points. Clean the points with a CLEAN file. I know Ive had several cubs that had no fire while turning it over, and then I shut the key off and it sparks.

It is ALWAYS a good idea to start troubleshooting with the points when a Cub has no spark. Otherwise its a waste of time
thumbsup.gif

a---allalone.gif

ok i will try to jump start this thing
I am considering droping the mower deck and mounting the snow blade, I think my grass is done growing and snow is not far behind

231739.jpg

There's a scary sight!! Thanks Jeff, pur a little more salt onto that winter wound that we will all have sooner than we want!!
bash.gif

JEFF - I've mowed in November & December chewing up leaves before. I'd leave the mowers on. You can mow thru an inch or so of snow!

Dennis,
Quote: "You can mow thru an inch or so of snow!"
I've done this... Works great for a while...
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back