• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 14, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed a front wheel Sat. and the inside bearing just fell apart, I changed the wheel cause it had a slow leak. That side didn't give any indication the bearing was bad. Go figure.
I used the deck this weekend as a dozer. I pulled all the leaves off the fence next to the 150 ft concrete driveway got up next to the garage dropped the deck down, lined it up and drove into them, worked pretty good.

DAVE - Your lucky, I almost lost a frt wheel off the CC 70 last summer when a wheel bearing failed and fell apart. I was maybe 60 ft from the shop door and almost didn't make into the shop to replace them.

last winter while snow plowing one of my wheel bearins went out and before I realized it the bearing cup on the rim was torn up.
Does any one have a fix for "enlarged" bearing cup??

And go figure it was a rim with a new tire on it..

JEFF - I've tapped a ring of brass shim stock into the bore with the bearing to get the bearings snug before.

I finally got the lights working on my 128. Added the wiring, switch, fuse and put new light bulbs in. They are bright, but aimed straight out. They light up the neighbors yard as much as mine.

Any good ideas how to aim them better? I checked the archives but didn't find anything.

Thanks

Zimm

All this talk about snow makes me want it to come more and more, I really want to see how my V61's do. Heres my blade ready to go, in this case its only dirt though, not as fun.

231755.jpg

Snow... it will be here soon enough... Then i will do this again and cuss all the way to the shed to get another tractor.... Its the reason we all have more than one!

231760.jpg

231761.jpg

231762.jpg

Someone posted a small tutorial awhile back with pictures on how to adjust the Hydro foward/reverse. I rebuilt the trunion on my 127 and now I have more rear speed and gearing than forward. I know there are linkages that can be adjusted, I just don't remember which ones they were, and in which direction I would adjust them to get the forward speed back to normal and the reverse speed where it should be. If someone could post the link or where to find that tutorial it would be great, and yes I have already looked in the FAQ's and what I am looking for is not in there.

Aaron, been there but I only have my 149 so there was alot of shoveling, pushing and cussing to get it out...

Glenn, Mabey the next one you build ought to be a double or articulated. Nobody should have just one.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back