• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 13, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Have a quick question, while working on my gas tank on a model#147 I managed to break the threads for the fuel bowl off. Are these just threaded in and can be removed with an easy out or do I need a new tank?

thanks,

Neal

Engine builder question.
construction.gif
I am about to replace my broken piston rod in my k241 for my cub cadet 107. Is there a special install procedure or considerations for this part? I plan to pin the rod to the piston then insert in the block put the rod cap on over the journal and torque the bolts. Am I missing something here?

Neal,
It should be a close nipple that you can screw out of the tank.
Ed,
I just protect the crankpin by covering the Rod Studs with plastic caps. You mentioned bolts, in which case you just push the rod on and install the cap and bolts. Make sure you have lots of oil or assembly lube on the crankpin for protection at initial startup.

Kenny

Ken, Is there a concern on which way it bolts to the crank? It is nuts on the old rod cap and studs in rod. I have not received the new rod yet.

I have, and read, the engine manual but sometimes they leave things out or are vague. I am just trying to be carefuel and gleen any useful tid bit of information from other experenced people to avoid making damaging mistakes.

Who makes a replacement bushing for the drive plate? I searched the sponsor sites but did not find any. Search does not turn up any.

Second question:::
Does anybody have a wide frame with an electric lift, or has anybody seen one? My 108....manual shows partial picture of such a combination

Hey guys thought I would share a pic. of my O after its refurbish,bought for $20.00still needs sticker kit and new front shoes.
42948.jpg

I have a 14 hp 147 that has always leaked a little oil out of the breather. It doesn't smoke and it doesn't look like there is crankcase pressure is blowing the oil out. I will be disassembling it tonight. Is there anything I should be looking for? Are there any wear parts in there like spring valves or something that might not be seating properly?

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back