• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a couple of snap shots of the weight bracket on the front of my 72
66604.jpg

66605.jpg

and heres a couple of the one I had on my old 102 a few plow days ago
66606.jpg

66607.jpg

Front weight brackets are not all that hard to build if you keep it simple.

Lonny, Johnny couldn't miss your post, picked it out right away and had to tell mom.
bouncy.gif
Nice logo in the grill.

Get this, my engine bored itself out to 0.018 over, (front and back), sooo I need to make it 0.020 over, I had no idea that they could wear down that much...
learnin every day.

I don't even want to think about how far I'll have to go in the 1250 this winter it is 10 over with a light score in one spot.

The 128 overhaul continues on. Final tare down on the frame. No problems disassembling the tractor till..., I mushroomed the lift rod shaft and tore the bushing on the right side of the shaft. I am sure that this is a replaceable bushing, is it brass? Sorry no pics.

Dean.S

Hopefully by next weekend the 72 will be fitted with the loader that was sitting in the weeds by the fence row

Hi Y'all,

I've been wanting to build a log splitter or adapt one to run off the PTO of my 682. Anyone ever done that? Have plans maybe?

Norm

Nate "Big D"

Look very closely at the area where the "T-bolt" from the neutral return on the brake pedal contacts the "Y" shaped slot on the hydro linkage (the parts that make the hydro stop when the pedal is pushed).

The T-bolt should JUST BARELY engage the root of the "Y" .....just enough to make the hydro linkage return to neutral, but not any more than that. If that linkage adjustment is burried into the very bottom of the "Y" slot your full ahead hydro linkage will be restricted. Adjusting the turnbuckle on the pedal linkage will correct any over engagement.

My first 782 had that same problem and a quick adjustment fixed it. Glen Erickson had the same problem with a yellow 782 at one of Travis's PD's and after a quick conversation and adjustment he was back up to full speed as well.

Good luck, hope that fixes it!!!

Steve isn't asleep....just very busy with some farming, projects at work, and a new evening job......Cub Scout Den Leader (1st meeting was tonight....)

I need to do some 782 #2 work this weekend, replacing some torn rag joints (too much stress in the hard dirt at the JD Plow day tore the rear joints........but man would it make that 12" plow get-it right before it happened!!!) so that I can do some gardens and maybe play in the bean field.

Art,

Your bracket looks nice, I like the plated in top section. My brackets have all been modified with set screws & jamb nuts in the end caps to keep the weights tight and rattle free.

Hello all,found 2 cubs and will bring them home on saturday if they are as good as they look in the pictures.I`ll have 3 cub`s Later Don T
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back