• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The grill casting on the yellow and white one has tapers on the width and side and no visible bolt heads holding the mule drive guard on, though that white spot near the top of the guard might be a bolt head.

Bryan, I <font size="-2">ouch!</font> do <font size="-2">ouch!</font> think <font size="-2">ouch!</font> you <font size="-2">ouch!</font> are <font size="-2">ouch!</font> correct <font size="-2">ouch!</font>. :eek:p

I have to agree with Kraig...the "706" grill casting IS different than the other 2, the others look the same, but I can't say that they are the same as the "706" casting.

Ooops - Hank DID say "the ONES I posted yesterday", not "the ONE I posted yesterday."

I thought he was going for the subtle differences, not the flagrantly obvious grille casting of the 3rd sketch
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 121
A litte off Topic but still IH...

An Axial Flow w/12 row header, taking the corn off today, on our farm.
31388.jpg

Attachments

• 31388.jpg
    31388.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 31388.jpg
    31388.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 129
Bryan,
RE the blurry ticket pic:

To quote my first boss (on the farm) whenever I made a mistake, "it's never the machine it's the operator."

I can't help but think the pic is a little out of focus b/c the man running the camera is a little out of focus
flame.gif

<font size="-2">why do I feel like I'm reading Highlight magazine with all the picture comparisons going on?</font>

A general comment on design process. One asks why many of the features drawn never made it to the public. Kraig mentioned the tapered frame on the blue tractor. I wonder if the idea got crushed when the project manager submitted a bill for the extra cost to make the part. We change the corse of design every-so-often b/c of the waste and time it takes to build something if its a departure from straight lines and rectangles (which is the shape raw materials come in).

Attachments

• flame.gif
    flame.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 121
Amen Ray......we will even change designs based on parts per length of raw stock. If raw stock comes 8' long and a non critical part is spec'ed at 12", it will be changed to 11.5" (if possible) to allow for swa kerfs, squaring up ends, etc. and still get 8 full pieces out of the 8' length. $$$ make "sense"
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 122
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 124
Ray L. -

Then there's thousands of Motorola customers out there that are all out of focus, too. Best to research the issues before playing the blame game
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 123
31395.jpg

Attachments

• 31395.jpg
    31395.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 31395.jpg
    31395.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 137
roflol.gif
nice stippled effect - right out of a biology textbook or the WSJ!

Attachments

• roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 124
RAY, Steve, Bryan - What Ray says is VERY true. Sometime I have a hard time explaining the idea Steve describes to some of My Engineers.... After all, "Bar & tube comes .0001 to .003" oversize.... Isn't THAT enough to true up the OD to 100% cleanup perfection?"
screwloose.gif
Anyhow.... I too like the tapered frame channel.... Similar to what the later BIG Farmalls got, the 86-series particularly. And if you looked under that 2388 combine Roland posted the pic of there is probably a tapered formed channel holding the two drive axle gearboxes together. Co-worker and I turned 80,000# of steel rectangular sheets into the raw form to be bent into those channels one NIGHT at IH E.Moline. With the right equipment it's not as hard as it might seem. What amazes Me about these big combines now is that one like Roland posted the pic of covers as much ground in a few minutes making one round as Dad used to pick with His M and 2M-E mounted picker in half a DAY if He had good luck!

Attachments

• screwloose.gif
    screwloose.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 118
Denny,

The trick isn't PICKING corn with a machine like that....it's HAULING corn away from it.

BTW, a lot of elevators around here are FULL, the yields have been beter than predicted, and with low corn prices some farmers have carried over last years crop (in elevator storage). The elevators usually make allowances for this before the season begins and mandate the sale of old crop, but the numbers were off some this year.......could turn into a big problem. Lots of grain hitting the ground around here right now, much more than would traditionally be stored like that.

Is a 12 horse Kohler from a old john deer an easy fit in a narrow fram cadet?

Dennis,
Do you happen to have any pics of the 2M-E picker? I kinda like to see it.
--Ray

Denny -

If you DO have pics, please post them in the "big brothers" topic. Thanks.
wink.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 118
Ed, I believe the oil pan, the crankshaft diameter and the starter are all different.

STEVE - I was telling My Buddy the other day that the grain tank on a 2388 would fill all THREE wagons Dad had....and maybe have to run a bit into the auger wagon if the tank on the 2388 was really full. Takes several semi's to keep up with each combine now.
RAY - I don't have any pic's of the Picker. But I think Dad does. It was always a Big Deal getting ready to pick corn about early-to-mid Sept. With luck We were done by Thanks Giving. 80-100 acres at home, half of either 80 or 160 acres Dad rented, plus the 120+/- acres on GrandPa's 160. So two to 2-1/2 months for two men (Dad & Grandpa) to pick roughly 240 acres of corn every year. If I can get hold of a pic or two I'll post them in the appropriate spot. Picking season that long sure didn't leave much time for fall field work like Plow Day. Until the last couple years Dad farmed I only remember trying to fall plow ONCE, in about 1964 or '65. Didn't work well with the old IHC #8 plow. A Brinley has more trash clearance!

Putting some finishing touches on the 123.Got the decals on it last night. Now thats a job for steady hands and fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post pics ASAP

Dennis & Steve:

In just 8 hrs, 40 acres disappeared. The Axial Flow was tended by 4 of these type of trucks.
31399.jpg

Attachments

• 31399.jpg
    31399.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 31399.jpg
    31399.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 121
Good evening everone. I hope I am not off topic to much. I finally have my garage and have my two cubs under a roof. No power or insulation just yet, but getting there. I wanted to heat the garage so I could work (play)during the winter. I was intending to use a coal stove that I had, but thought about getting a Rinnai propane heater with a direct vent, and avoid building a chimmney. After reading the Rinnai info on line I am a little conserned that a garage installation might not be the best idea, with the dust etc. Then I thought of everone here and wondered what your suggestions might be? It's not a machine shop like some guys have, just a garage. I offset the two bay doors to one side so I could park cars and work on the cubs all along the other side with a generous workbench at the back. It's 32' deep 30' wide and the ceiling is approx. 10 feet high. It's getting cold up here already!

Latest posts

Back