• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob,
36 participants
24 Plowing
3 Selling
9 Spectators
12 John Deere tractors
29 Cub Cadet tractors
3 Other tractors

Steve, My Dad used to plow with a TD 12 ...When dad was a teenager , he used to work for the neighbors { all IH stuff including a pick up and an grain truck}. Dad said he really liked how much power it had compared to a tractor and now he wants to find a TD 14 or TD 18 and restore it.

Steve, Hank - Don't forget the TD-25. I agree 100% with Hank's comment about IHC's Marketing Dept. being able to throw their weight around. And more often than not with disastrous results. Like FARMALL trying to build 42 2+2's per day when the plant was only designed to build a maximum of 16/day. Deciding to build the third batch of "Taco Tractors" in 72 hours, shipping them, and THEN realizing they NEVER got the PO from the customer! They kept worrying about Massey-Ferguson, CAT, CASE, Allis, Oliver, Minny-Mo, White, etc. and just let JD walk away with Their bread & butter. The Company that's left now is a MUCH better company than it was back in 1980

OK and Bryan please don't poof me here, I mean no harm
biggrin.gif
Not like your cat anyway.

Ths post will be slightly off topic.

Rob -- Where are you located, and what does your dad have that is photographable.

I am specifically looking for IH Construction Equipment to shoot especially if it can be shot sort of in action for my book. That means crawlers, payloaders, payscrapers, hydraulic excavators, you name it. They need not be restored, nor have beautiful paint etc.

OK to temper this with some on topic bit -- I think there is a subtle difference between this one and the ones I posted yesterday. I will send a print of this to he who describes the difference(s) from the 2 I posted yesterday. these must be in the form of a post.

31362.jpg

Take it easy .. but Take it.

Hank

(Message edited by owill on October 11, 2005)

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 121
  • 31362.jpg
    31362.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 31362.jpg
    31362.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 119
Hank:

The grills are different and a front plate .....

(Message edited by rbedell on October 11, 2005)

Hank -

Grilles are different, <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> badge is in a different place, hood decal says Cadet vs. Cub Cadet, pulley guard, background shading is a different color, appears to be some shadowing on the points cover, different lighting effects...

lol.gif

OK, OK, so I take those Sunday comics puzzles to the extreme!

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 120
BTW, if I'm right, I send the print to Mr. Bruce "New Guy" Moore and his class...

RAY:

Sorry...They are in Southern Illinois....well guarded!

Waiting to be restored..when I get time.

FSM

Does anyone know if there is another source for the 122 style (white, padded, with blue trim)seats?

I e-mailed a site sponsor, but never got a reply.

From the Postings that Hank Will has listed, there are three versions of one concept. If you look closely, the Grill (w/emblem), the front panel below grill) and the Decal, are all different.

31376.jpg

31377.jpg

31378.jpg

Attachments

• 31378.jpg
    31378.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 31377.jpg
    31377.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 31376.jpg
    31376.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 31376.jpg
    31376.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 31377.jpg
    31377.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 31378.jpg
    31378.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 127
Hank,
In addition to what's already listed,

grille shell from front/side, grille material, Dark lower steering column, Clutch/brake 70* or 90* bend, right rear tire

Bryan,
Thanks for the offer.
How did the "new guy" thing work out for you and the train?

I LOVE these drawings! I like Roland's middle sketch best, followed closely by the lower one that's closer to the Production version. The top one the grill is just too "busy" They ALL need a hood ornament of some sort..... Hmmmmm I wonder if IH had one setting around in a parts bin already? Maybe a Truck part LVL could borrow?

In Rolands posts, the smallest drawing doesn't show a right rear tire. The middle drawing has a tapered side to the grill casting but is parallel width the other 2 have a taper to the width but parallel sides. I mentioned the grills and decals when Hank first posted them. :eek:)

While I agree that the grille's appear different in the sketches that Hank wanted us to compare, I don't think that was the artist's intention. I think they're both the Original grille casting that we know and love, but when you're turning out freehand drawings all day they're NOT going to be exactly the same.

Those of an artistic bent (musicians especially) know how true it is that the more you work on the same thing the less consistent each performance becomes.

Bruce M. -

Worked like a charm. Thank you very much, it had the intended comedic effect.
lol.gif
And you're most welcome...

You should drop by some weekend to talk Cubs, maybe wrench on or work the Cubs. And I can return the tag, too. Drop me a note.

Ray L. -

Didja wash your feet this morning? Cuz yer Sox are starting to stink!
nutbags.gif

Attachments

• nutbags.gif
    nutbags.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 121
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 123
So many good answers-- so many eyes for details that I didn't even notice.

I guess I need to send you all one...Kraig, Roland, Bryan, Bruce -- do you want a print or an E-version? Send me your email or your snail mail and I will get on it.

Heading for NH in the AM so if I don't get your stuff today it might have to wait til next week.

Here is another pair

31382.jpg

31383.jpg

Attachments

• 31383.jpg
    31383.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 31382.jpg
    31382.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 114
  • 31383.jpg
    31383.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 31382.jpg
    31382.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 127
Just to tease Ray L. a little more
lol.gif

31385.jpg

<font size="-2">hard to take a clear pic on a moving bus, and ya know how fixed focus gets on closeups...</font>

Attachments

• 31385.jpg
    31385.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 119
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 121
  • 31385.jpg
    31385.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 125
Hank -

My fave is still the one with the Mustang style upper grille. I e-mailed Mr. Burnham about that and he said he had a Mustang at the time, so yeah, he guessed that was where he took the cues from.

Hank, E-version is fine with me, THANKS!!! :eek:)

The decal on the yellow and white one you just posted looks similar to what ended up on the 1x2/3 series and the grill on the blue version looks similar to what ended up on the 1x8/9 series. Interesting taper to the frame rails on the blue version, and there are those ugly "Simplicity" fenders again. These drawings are great!

Kraig -

I'm starting to think that the "blue" fenders look a little bit more like another tractor of the time - for some reason I'm thinking M-M but I can't find a pic now that I need one
lol.gif

Edit: Ah, the ol' Lacasse site has one!

http://jacques_lacasse.tripod.com/MinnMoline/MinnMoline.htm

See the box under the seat? That's kinda why I'm thinking more M-M than Simplicity on the "blue" ones...

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 127

Latest posts

Back