• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 08, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW....I found one for 15.00....thank goodness for competition...it's the American way....just sayin'

Also Gerry, I don't appreciate your condescending
lecture regarding the "restorer" game...I probably have been around the Cubs longer than you have....just don't have the money or the ego that some enjoy around here.....nice talking to ya !

Well, never a boring day..

I made progress with switching the rear lift from the 149 to the 169 "ragady ann". I do have a problem she had trouble turning over so I will charge my 3 year old battery that was rated for 1 year and give it a slow charge.

This will give me a day to check and make sure my connections are good after reinstalling the seat pan.

Sorry no pictures

After that I have to switch wheel weights and hook up plow.

Hmmmm...

263524.jpg

Charlie:
Since I've only got one to sell - and ya know, I'm out to screw John Q............. (I'll probably retire -again- off the profits)
coffee.gif

Looks like more than a pivot bolt failed there...

FWIW:
Fixing or restoring a cub cadet does cost quite a bit. The parts may seem a little costly, but at least they pretty much can still be purchased!
When I restored my 128 I tried to spend my "hard to come by" money as wisely as possible. It still cost me over 2000 bucks to complete it!
I have found out that "cheaper" parts sometimes mean cheaper parts (you get what you pay for).
My health went south a couple of years ago, and I haven't been able to work on my cubs much.
Expensive parts: $25.00 and up.
Being physically able to use them: Priceless!
cubwinker.gif

Marty - I haven't worn my 129 out yet, I've been trying to for 28 years. And restoration to me would be making it usable, not admirable. That would mean the first rate stuff, not from the Chinaman. Unfortunately, with the way IHC parts last, if Charlie were to depend on my spending, he'd be selling bridges, too...

Latest posts

Back