• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brake/wheel question here. I noticed a diff in the rear calipers between my 128 and my 129 parts donor. The brake pads seem to be the same, but the calipers appear diff. Was there a diff on calipers between gear drive and hydro drive tractors? Also was there a tire size standard for the wideframes, i.e. an 86 model had 6-12s? Or were tire/wheel sizes an option throughout the wideframe models?

Richard T
What is your address I have a couple of cubs I need to send your way. Nice Job!
ihrotate.gif

Thanks guys the 1650 is back on the good list again runs awesome ... can even set a coffee cup on the hood and won't loose it now ... Can't wait to plow on saturday the 13 th with the boys

Richard T
Since Charlie keeps picking at you about the blockout plate, take it off and heat the decal with a hair dryer and with a little patience pulling from the end closest to the wrinkle, you should be able to lift it and reattach it without any damage to the decal.
lazerburn.gif

Charlie I tested the 782 and no oil leak and I did it without looking.I sure would love to see some pictures of the OT IH pushmower.
wedgie.gif

Whats up Forum.
Long time no see. I wanted to check in and let you know I am still alive and well. How is everyone doing? Does anyone remember me ?
bouncy.gif

Matt Schwartz

To stay on topic I got the old 100 out to pull the neighbors kids around for a tractor themed birthday hayride, Had a blast until we were goin uphill with 4 adults and 6 kids in the trailer and couldnt steer up the walking path hill. Fun ride going back down. Kids had a blast either way though.
Matt

When tearing down the K341 the nut that holds the flywheel on broke. It's kind of a different nut as it has slots in it all the way around. Do I need to go back with that kind of nut or will any nut work? If I have to go back with that type am I looking at a Kohler part? Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words. That block out panel decal does not have nary a bubble or wrinkle. What you see is the mystery bump that runs through it. What is it's purpose? I aligned the decal perfectly to the plate but the plate mounts a bit crooked and I would have had to slot the holes to help it out which I chose not to do. I like Kraigs idea of headlights!! as I don't like the look of it either.

The mule drive/hangar components go back together after this cup of coffee. I'll take the final picture of the deck mounted and then it's back to work for the 129. Who wants to bet I won't be cutting as close to the fence and other paint hazzards as I once did..
shame.gif
clappy.gif

Jim T. -

The parts list (click on the box above, type in your tractor model, then look at the engine parts) says it should be a 5/8-18 lock nut. What you're describing sounds like a castle nut.

Thanks guys...

I will replace the coil and see how that goes. As for the blown head gasket theory, would I be witnessing any other symptoms if the gasket was blown?

Like I stated earlier, the tractor starts and runs great for a period of time (~1 hour), then just kind of stalls. Let it cool off, and I'm back in business.

Thanks again for all of the help...

Ed

Richard T.
So your saying that the decal is setting flat on the rear plate and there's a defect in the decal itself?????
If that's the case, I need to get you another one ASAP!

Matt S., sure I remember who you are, good to see you post! You used to post here quite a bit, back when you were a young teenager then you grew up some and as I recall you discovered girls.... Someday you'll be back here posting with more frequency again. Cubs are waaaaay easier to troubleshoot....
angel.gif

And for those that don't know Matt S., here he is at Plow Day 3 back in 2001 (or was it 2002???).

66355.jpg

I think the last Plow Day that Matt was at was Plow Day 10

Richard T.,
Your 129 looks GREAT!
thumbsup.gif

Are you planning on installing the remaining OEM decals (safety warnings, air cleaner, etc.) or do you plan to leave it as is without them?
Are those front tires new?...they sure look good!
Now we need to see 'before & after' pictures posted.
wink.gif

Didn't you say earlier that you planned to modify your deck with the 'blowout' holes in the belt cover?
Maybe the holes aren't visible from the angle of your picture.....

LOOKIN' GOOD!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

P.S.
How about a quick itemized list of:
1) what parts you've replaced;
2) approximately how many hours you've put into the prep & paint work; and,
3) what it has all (approximately) cost you...?

Ryan, good eye!

Richard T., I want to know if those front tires are new too! If so where did you get them?

Hello all, was wondering how do I look up a No.3 cart on the parts look-up? Thanks!

Back