• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an IH rear blade. What specs do you need?
66296.jpg

Hi all I have another question, I have a snow thrower on my original, model BB-36, I bought it about 10yrs ago or more, brand new still in the box, I have used it very little, but thought this year I'd change the gear oil in it, but I don't see any drain or fill plugs?? I hope I don't have to take it off to change the gear oil, Where do I look to find the fill/drain plugs? Thanks alot ahead of time!
confused.gif

Got a question for the quietline guys... my 1650 I just replaced the drive shaft front and rear rag joints , new bushings , new front input shaft seal in hydro,new front flange plus all new iso mounts , and I still can't get rid of the vibration, from mid throttle on up { think its coming from the motor } the 1650 doesn't have balance gears ? anyone have a suggestion as to what I try next

TIA

Rob

Charlie and Ryan, There are two versions of the rt angle gear box. The one with the plain flat cover and a plug or two plugs uses oil(the 1970 manual says Sae 80). The one with the raised stamped cover uses grease,my manual says use IH 251H EP or #2 lithium grease.When I redid the grease type on my QA snowthrower I used the lithium with no problems. The one on my 126's tiller has the other type.The instructions for the QA grease type read:"There must be enough lubricant in the gear box so that the teeth on the bottom of the large gear are completely in grease and the teeth on the bottom of the small gear are in contact with the grease".The tiller gear box mounts in a different position so the instructions for it may not be correct for an oil filled one on a snowthrower.

John you have good looking set up.I have been thinking of a rear blade for my 122.I have built a sub frame and converted a sears/husquarvarna blade to the front and have it set up with electric lift. For a light duty blade ever think of using heavy duty pvc for the mouldboard of a blade.I built one for a snapper rer and worked very well.

Roland

On the new iso mount rubbers how tight are they suppose to be ? Mine are as tight as I could get them ... wrong or right?

Also I have not up graded the cradle either

Rob:

Well....I have seen and read all sorts of recommendations.

Myself.....I tighten the bolts to where the rubber grommets are "snug" and leave it at that. That cradle has to move so that the grommets can absorb the vibration. Over tightening the bolts compresses the grommets and thus the intended use of dampening the vibration is compromised.

I suspect that you if slightly loosen you bolts, that this may render some relief.

Back